Somerville 2016-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Archer23 View Post
    Great deer. My bet is that they never enter the public hunting area. Biggest buck I've seen out there two years ago was a 130 class ten point chasing a doe across the road near nails creek. He was real nice.
    Birch is on the other side, can you even hunt over there?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
      Birch is on the other side, can you even hunt over there?

I think by draw permit only. Point was that bucks like that don't spend much time if any in the hunting area.

Comment

One of the biggest deer I've seen in person was at Yegua State Park. Perfect 12. That said those deer know where the safety zones are. The are practically tame in around the parks just doe laying everywhere. This is absolutely not the case for the public area. Why would they leave when the doe are literally thick around the parks.

Comment

Good luck out there this season

Comment

With creek at 4.6 today it was still within the banks. 2-3ft from busting over. We're at 6ft now. Any dry land that was there is about to go under. Replay of yalls season last year. This could keep everything underwater till opener.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Is Limbwalker still on here? Hadn't seen anything from him in awhile?

Comment

[QUOTE=Hoggwild;11602156]Is Limbwalker still on here? Hadn't seen anything from him in awhile?

I feel like I saw a "banned" tag where it used to say "Pope and Young" on his banner. Not sure what happened, met him last year around this time and helped me get my Archery Club at Texas State University off the ground. Great guy whose valuable input about the area will be missed this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
                    With creek at 4.6 today it was still within the banks. 2-3ft from busting over. We're at 6ft now. Any dry land that was there is about to go under. Replay of yalls season last year. This could keep everything underwater till opener.

That just means no one will be tromping around in there for the next month or so. Sounds like a great plan devised by Mother Nature to help keep the pressure down, might help us see more in the late season (when the hunting actually gets half decent)

Comment

With the rain thats coming down right npw on top of the terrential down pour last night, it will be inaccessible for a while I bet. I dont know how much rain we had last night, but a neighbor was tubing down his driveway in it and he lives on a hill...

Comment

Right now burleson county is under flash flood watch...i live less than a mile from welch park...we do not need more rain in somerville...scouting right now you will need hip waders.

Comment

Bring a kayak!

Comment

Originally posted by texas assasin View Post
                            Sent you a pm archer23
                            PM returned

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggwild View Post
                              Is Limbwalker still on here? Hadn't seen anything from him in awhile?

I haven't seen him in a longtime.

Comment

Kornsqueezer used to be a wealth of knowledge out there also.

Comment

Working...
                                X