No announcement yet.

Which Tires For 3/4 Ton 4x4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running more pressure in the front will often help with wear. The recommended "60" is there to try to give the best ride. Try running higher and if it rides just as good, go with more. This will prevent excess wear on the shoulders.

In the rear, you barely want all of the tread in contact with the road. If you aren't hauling a load, this is often down around 55. Wet a spot in the driveway and drive across it. The wet tread pattern left on the dry area will tell you if you are low enough. This will keep the center from wearing too fast. Obviously, you have to not mind putting air back in them if you hook to anything heavy.

Comment

BFG all terrain were the only tires I ran on my F250. Worth the price tag

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I’m running the Toyo MT on my F250. Only have about 5000 miles on them so I can’t comment on wear but I can’t see any yet. I have been pleasantly surprised at how quite they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Definitely following. Have a whopping 4/32” left on my original firestone Transforce AT after 26k miles. Want the most aggressive tire that will actually give closer to 50-60k miles and do ok when hooked to gooseneck. A deal is always good.

Comment

Currently running Atturo trail blade MT. 35s on my Ram 2500. Only have about 10k but really like them.

Comment

I’ll cast a vote for Toyo’s. Best tires I’ve ever had. I’ve got the MT’s and will either get another set of these or one of the RT’s

Comment

I've had great luck with Michelin Ltx at2 on 3/4 and duallies. Is there a reason not to run tires at max psi?

Comment

I ran nitto mt’s and was getting 60k out of them as soon as th tire that came with my new truck I’m going back to them

Comment

Cooper ST Maxx. Y'all can thank me later.

Comment

Im overly suprised by my tread life on my Toyo RT’s. I just past 30k and I bet I break 60 pretty easily. I run 45psi up front and 40 rear

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                        I've had great luck with Michelin Ltx at2 on 3/4 and duallies. Is there a reason not to run tires at max psi?
                        My OEM specs is 80 psi. This makes it ride more rough. That pressure isn't needed unless you are hauling a load. I keep mine at 65psi.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
                          My OEM specs is 80 psi. This makes it ride more rough. That pressure isn't needed unless you are hauling a load. I keep mine at 65psi.
                          This is what nitto told me to run unless im hauling heavy

Comment

They make other tires besides BFG KO2’s?

Comment

Toyo

Comment

Originally posted by mattjproc View Post
                                They make other tires besides BFG KO2’s?
                                Yes the OP is asking about tires for a 3/4 ton truck.. Not a ranger, taco or Cheyenne

Comment

Working...
                                X