For All You Drone Folks Out There

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Impressive!!

I got one for Christmas. The second flight it got ate by a pine tree. Im still waiting for it to fall out

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      Impressive!!

I got one for Christmas. The second flight it got ate by a pine tree. Im still waiting for it to fall out
      Still waiting for it to fall out. Beautiful

Comment

I have been thinking about getting one to play with on my place but all i have seen only have about a 400 foot range. Maybe the high end ones will fly father but what does one with a mile range cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
          All talent aside that area looks beautiful!! River and mountains terrain

Am I the only one that thinks this type of talent will be the way future battles can and will be fought/won with??
          ^ already doing doing it in a small scale.

Comment

His music choice from Gil Scott Heron made it even BETTER!!! that was incredible but I know nothing about drones. Flying in the inside of that box car was pure greatness!!!
            Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
            That cat is pretty good with a drone. Engineer didnt like having his pic taken
            I chuckled at that also!!!
            Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            As a guy who roots for the crash...I still dig that!
            Same here...........I wanted it to crash into that trellis!!!
            Originally posted by clffrdfdge View Post
            ^ already doing doing it in a small scale.
            Yep, sure are.
            I am invested in one of the multitude of companies that are working on making those drones nano sized out in Portland. Very interesting!

Comment

Holy crap. That guy is good!

He almost wiped out when he went under the train though....

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                I have been thinking about getting one to play with on my place but all i have seen only have about a 400 foot range. Maybe the high end ones will fly father but what does one with a mile range cost?
                You can get a DJI Mavic Pro at Best Buy for $1K. It'll go for miles.

Comment

Originally posted by FriscoAg View Post
                  You can get a DJI Mavic Pro at Best Buy for $1K. It'll go for miles.
                  you won't be doing that with a mavic pro ... you need a racer on 4s or 5s and use air mode so props keep spinning with no lift ...

that's the only way to go inverted and carry momentum without plowing into the ground or disarming the motors ...

Comment

I got a DJI Phantom 3 SE for Christmas. I'm learning how to make it do what I want but seriously the instructions on all of the settings and stuff are 48 pages long lmao.

I have run it all over my 240 acres though and am having fun with it.

The guy in that video is a Master at flying a drone; right now I'm just a old dude who can make mine go up and down, forwards and backwards and right and left

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                      you won't be doing that with a mavic pro ... you need a racer on 4s or 5s and use air mode so props keep spinning with no lift ...

that's the only way to go inverted and carry momentum without plowing into the ground or disarming the motors ...
                      I started with the larger ones with GPS, return to home, etc. After seeing the racers I lost all interest in those. It's like driving a Porsche versus a limo.

Air mode actually keeps the PID loop going in the FC at zero throttle, therefore still allowing for input from the radio.

Comment

i have no idea what the **** you just said, but i can assure you that is NOT the only way to get inverted....

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          i have no idea what the **** you just said, but i can assure you that is NOT the only way to get inverted....
                          You sho right!!

Regards, NEVER trying wake boarding again

Comment

Interesting read, from what I am finding, the Sacramento paper is the Sacramento Bee, not the Tribune, and I do not find the article referenced.

Comment

Correct - I was just answering his question about getting a drone to play around with.

Comment

He has skills for sure

Comment

Working...
                                X