No announcement yet.

Kitchen knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wüstof, is a go to brand for many professional chefs. German steel made in Solingen Germany, full tang, African Blackwood handles, perfectly weighted and balanced. I would take a serious look at them, here is a link: http://www.wusthof.com/products/knives?filters[filter_category][5]=38#/1

Comment

I have Henckels in my butchers block next to my great grandfathers Old Hickory knives. The OH get more use that the Henckels. I like the old carbon of the OH as they hold a wicked edge and are stupidly easy to bring back to shaving sharp with a steel.

God bless and happy hunting.
      Richard.

Comment

[QUOTE=Smart;12981380]For the money, Dexter Russell is hard to beat.

My brisket slicer is a duo edge 12" slicer. The duo edge makes it slice through easily.

Got two that look just like them. ICEL, bought at a restaurant supply store. About $80 each, but love them. Made in Portugal.

Comment

Zwilling / JA Henckels made in Solingen Germany
          Really keep an edge, easy to sharpen
          Last edited by Still Hunter; 12-03-2017, 06:38 PM. Reason: Spelling correction

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
            completely agree.

I met him years ago and told him when I retire I'll pay him to let me help in his shop.

Don't know crap about knife making, but I'd like to make something like he does at some point in my life.

I was a bit sorry to see them show up in commercial production, but I think in the end that just increases the value of his custom work.

Uhhhhhhh. THIS RIGHT HERE!!

I was trying to hide my nerd but Bob makes flawless princes that become family heirlooms.

Hands down my choice for sure.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by woodsbound View Post
              Wüstof, is a go to brand for many professional chefs. German steel made in Solingen Germany, full tang, African Blackwood handles, perfectly weighted and balanced. I would take a serious look at them, here is a link: http://www.wusthof.com/products/knives?filters[filter_category][5]=38#/1
              This is what I've had for years and love then. I use my 10" chefs knife for 90% of the things in the kitchen.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
                  I have Henckels in my butchers block next to my great grandfathers Old Hickory knives. The OH get more use that the Henckels. I like the old carbon of the OH as they hold a wicked edge and are stupidly easy to bring back to shaving sharp with a steel.

God bless and happy hunting.
                  Richard.
                  OH is hard ro beat mine go back 3 generations. I also watch garage sales for them.

Comment

Yep, I like the Old Hickory's myself- just put some elbow grease into getting a good edge on a new one and it will be an awesome knife. I've turned 2 buffalo skinner style OH's into Nessmuk type blades (used a dremel to do stock removal on them) and love using them to clean deer- darn sharp with a convex edge on them.

Comment

victorinox
                      Good knives reasonable price, restaurant supply places will have them.

Comment

For the money, Dexter Russell is hard to beat.

My brisket slicer is a duo edge 12" slicer. The duo edge makes it slice through easily.

https://www.amazon.com/Dexter-Russel...Slicer+S140-12
                        What Jason said.

Oh and don't use a high dollar carbon steel knife to slice a hot brisket.

Comment

Originally posted by masonred View Post
                          victorinox
                          Good knives reasonable price, restaurant supply places will have them.

I just bought their 14” x 1.5” knife. Hope it’s as great as they say

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We have a couple Cutcos that we like.

Comment

Cutco

Great knife and second to. One warranty

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                                Kramer.

To my knowledge, he is the only Master Bladesmith that specializes in kitchen knives.

You can buy one off the shelf, or get into a lottery to be drawn to order a custom one.

That's where I am now.

I'm on year 2 in that lottery

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X