Kitchen knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kitchen knife

Looking for recommendations for a good sharp knife to use in the kitchen for cutting up veggies and slicing brisket and such.

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dexter

Comment

Cutco

Comment

We have Henckel knives.

We bought them one at a time, over a couple years.

There is a big difference in the ones made in China versus the ones made in Germany.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Don’t spend a fortune. Get a decent one from the store and get a sharpener

Comment

Sam Harper. From here. Makes a kitchen Santoku knife that is incredible. Crazy sharp and real purdy too.

Comment

For the money, Dexter Russell is hard to beat.

My brisket slicer is a duo edge 12" slicer. The duo edge makes it slice through easily.

https://www.amazon.com/Dexter-Russel...Slicer+S140-12

Last edited by Smart; 12-03-2017, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Mercer. Get them at any restaurant supply store next to the dexters. Mercers are cheaper, keep an edge just as good if not better, and have a better handle. They’re just made in Taiwan.

PM me if you want to know how I know.

Comment

Goto a restraunt supply house and buy Dexter. It will allow you to handle them and see what you want and they will about the cheapest place to buy. I have about 8 now that we have been using for last 10 years. In a few years when I retire and move Ill sell or give them away and buy a new set when we move into new place.

Comment

Custom is my preferred but then again I also tend to over spend on nice things.

I have a cutco and it is a workhorse in my kitchen. But on the other hand having a good sharpener is also worth having.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Kramer.

To my knowledge, he is the only Master Bladesmith that specializes in kitchen knives.

You can buy one off the shelf, or get into a lottery to be drawn to order a custom one.

That's where I am now.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                        Kramer.

To my knowledge, he is the only Master Bladesmith that specializes in kitchen knives.

You can buy one off the shelf, or get into a lottery to be drawn to order a custom one.

That's where I am now.

Kramer's are simply awesome pieces. I don't own one but would like to some day. I have seen and handled some before and they are truly works of art.

Comment

Global makes good knives. Get a good sharpener and wash your knives by hand so they keep an edge longer.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
                            Kramer's are simply awesome pieces. I don't own one but would like to some day. I have seen and handled some before and they are truly works of art.
                            completely agree.

I met him years ago and told him when I retire I'll pay him to let me help in his shop.

Don't know crap about knife making, but I'd like to make something like he does at some point in my life.

I was a bit sorry to see them show up in commercial production, but I think in the end that just increases the value of his custom work.

Comment

I bought the Henckels Miyabi Morimoto Edition a few years back. It was a bit pricey but very pleased. Stays razor sharp for a very long time and a breeze to resharpen when it does need a quick touch up.

https://www.miyabi-knives.com/us/en/...313-273-0.html

Comment

Working...
                              X