No announcement yet.

How many deer have you shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 or 8 with a gun when I was young and over 100 with a bow. too many pig to count and a couple of exotics with the bow as well

Comment

Well over 100. I stopped counting about 10yrs ago. About 30 of those with a bow.

Comment

I don't know, well over a hundred. At least one with every rifle in the safe shown. My son's gun safe; all the guns in there but 3, passed down through me. My fire has pretty much burned down to embers, thought I'd go ahead and give them to him while he remains young and full of energy to use and appreciate them. Killed more with a little Sako mannlicher stocked .243 than anything else.
        I do still call one rifle mine; a Remington model 725, .280 caliber, manufactured in 1958 only (in that particular caliber), only 1,300 some-odd in existence. It's about 95% in quality and he's gonna have to wait till I'm dead to get it.

Not all that many with a bow; 15 to 18 head, probably - mostly does. I didn't take up bowhunting till '04 at the age of 58. I did go last season for a week, coulda killed some does, but didn't want to have to clean one. Only one shooter buck made an appearance, and he wouldn't stop long enough to get shot. He was too busy running does. Might go this season or I might not. It's time for my boy to provide the venison. Packaged and frozen.

Oh... and I bought him the safe too, had it delivered. He thinks I've turned into a pretty good dad in my declining years and he don't seem to mind bringing me a couple packages of venison from time to time.

Bob Lee
        Attached Files
        Last edited by boblee; 08-13-2017, 08:43 AM.

Comment

somewhere over 50 is the best I can do,, might be over 100, I lost count a long time ago

Comment

125+ don't shoot near as many anymore. Now I usually hunt horns and let my wife and stepson shoot food for the table.

Comment

A lot. Heck I counted just euro and shoulder mounts that I've kept and it's around 30. And a LOT more does than bucks and then culls I didn't keep. 100+ easy.

Comment

Wow over 50 years worth I really have no idea.

Lots lol.

Comment

Including Axis and Muntjac? 6 Axis bucks, all free range with a rifle. The largest in my avatar. One Muntjac, also free range on my land in Harper, with rifle. About 30 whitetail with the gun, centerfire, slug gun and Muzzleloader. 17 with one gun. A 80's era Marlin 30/30 all notched up like Antler Collectors gun
                  About 15 with the bow, compound. I will be going out with the recurve this season to up the game.
                  My oldest son who is 25, has killed 48 deer. 43 with a bow. He was brought up in the life. I didn't start hunting until I was 21. He is a way better hunter than I will ever be.

Comment

No idea how many, 100s. Chance & I have a mutual friend that shoots at least 100 per year.

Comment

Maybe 50 with a gun. Don't really know with a bow; a bunch.
                      1 with a truck.

Comment

Didn't start deer hunting seriously until I was 23.

Comment

I counted up the ones I can remember right off hand, and came up with 36. Probably a couple I'm forgetting though.

Comment

4 with a bow. None with a rifle

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                              Didn't start deer hunting seriously until I was 23.
                              I never killed a deer until my junior year in college.....and it was with a bow. Then my next deer was about 10 years later.....[emoji15] [emoji33]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I didnt know we were supposed to keep count. At 54 yrs old, I have no idea other than it is a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X