No announcement yet.

Bedding an aluminum block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From a factory rifle .3 is all I can do. Keep in mind I have given up reloading. I only shoot factory match at this point. My custom rifles will typically hold that .3 or .2 out to longer ranges than a factory rifle but I consider both excellent shooting regardless. A zero in anything other than a dedicated benchrest gun with proper load workup is an anomaly imo.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Factory or custom barrel?

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
        If you just have to bed something just the recoil lug. Otherwise leave those gums alone and spend the money you were gonna spend on bedding, on components to shoot more!!

Sierracharlie out…
        Oh as soon as the weather will get right, there will be some shooting to do! I’ve got a CZ 557 6.5x55 coming in tomorrow. However, I purchased a Tikka T3 Forest in 6.5x55 tonight, so the CZ will be up for sale.

Comment

Just to be clear all of my observations and comments are for 5 rounds. I typically never shoot three unless a sow has two piglets. [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
            Factory or custom barrel?
            Factory

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
              Just to be clear all of my observations and comments are for 5 rounds. I typically never shoot three unless a sow has two piglets. [emoji23]

Lol! I’ll get some 5 shot groups in. I’m in load work up and I’m a tight *** so I don’t want to run through all my components trying to find the load lol. Next round out I’m going to go with 4 shot groups.

Comment

Trust that I am not knocking you. .1 speaks for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                  Trust that I am not knocking you. .1 speaks for itself.

I got you!

Repeatability says something though. 5 shots tells you that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                    Factory
                    WOW!! I've got a Tikka .243 also. Surprised those VLD grouped that good with Factory barrel with it's 1-10 twist. Was thinking of a rebarrel but may try these bullets before I dropped some $$

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                      I went ahead and bedded the lugs. Figure it shouldn’t hurt anything. There was definitely some slop at the lug. Anxious to see what happens. Here is that .1 with my .243.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      This is why I bed all my recoil lugs.

My smith told me that with modern synthetic and laminate stocks that is all that is really needed.

JB Weld and releasing agent........and I went to town.

Comment

Working...
                      X