No announcement yet.

Passenger forcible removed from flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, is United at fault for the guy being dragged off, or the police officers? United just asked the officers to remove him, I doubt they told them to drag him down the aisle.

Comment

If you do not comply with our carriage contract we reserve the right to have government security officers brutally force you into submission.

Comment

Originally posted by Coon View Post
        So, is United at fault for the guy being dragged off, or the police officers? United just asked the officers to remove him, I doubt they told them to drag him down the aisle.
        Good point.

Comment

Last three times I have flown there has not been one singal open seat. Usually, I have heard a message prior to boarding that the flight is over booked (too many tickets were sold) and that vouchers are being offered for any volunteers. I guess it has worked out because I have not seen anyone get dragged out.

Let's for an instance say you are the Leo that's called onto the plane and told that passenger in seat 34 A can not be accommodated on this flight but refuses to de-board. You are the leo, what do you do???

Comment

Originally posted by Coon View Post

How about its the guys fault for being drug off? Not United or the LEO's fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I had a horrible experience the one and only time I flew Spirit and will never fly them again, but I can only do that because there are other airlines to choose from. They're a necessary evil. 99% of the time no one cares that they are entering a contract that they didn't negotiate when they buy a ticket because nothing goes wrong. I just can't see any right in removing the passenger in the manner he was removed. Seems like they should have kept increasing their voucher offer til they found a taker. It most certainly would have been cheaper than the backlash they are facing.

Oh look a fajita!!

Comment

You do your job as quickly & efficiently as possible...once you attempt to break the contract of carriage...most will "refuse to transport" (i've seen this happen to a mother with a kid having bare feet)...once that happens it's essentially the same as refusing to leave a place of business when asked

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post
                  You just might wanna know a fella before calling him
                  A liar...& yes i have read every contract of carriage of every airline i've flown...out of necessity, not b/c I didn't have anything better to do...lol

& yes...fact of matter is some customers are worth more than others....hence the whole reason a contract of carriage is in place ...to resolve such disputes before they occur

I don't know your line of work...but i know mine...if i have 2 clients in need of a specific resource (& i only have 1 guy who can do the work).one does $1M worth of business with me & another does $50k annually...i am going to staff the $1M client with the resource & offer the $50k client compensation...why...b/c one client is "better" than the other in terms of revenue
                  Aaaaaaaand, we circle back to your missing the point. I'll lay it out for you. YOU DON'T TREAT PEOPLE THAT WAY. If you do (it sounds like you do), that's your deal but you and I wouldn't trade for long. I know your business mindset well and I have wholly culled those relationships. If you have time to sit and read reams of contractual language for each plane ticket you buy and for everything else we do day to day (i.e. cell phones, cable TV, etc.), you have WAY more time than I. Everything in my world is not defined by making or losing another dime. Humanity plays a role as well as respecting customers. Just like I had to explain to my supplier once, I am not the largest volume client but I am a client. It is easier to lose clients than it is to gain them. If 20 small clients get tired of the poor treatment and leave, your business will suffer inordinately. They saw it my way but I grasp that you don't. Your prerogative.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                    Last three times I have flown there has not been one singal open seat. Usually, I have heard a message prior to boarding that the flight is over booked (too many tickets were sold) and that vouchers are being offered for any volunteers. I guess it has worked out because I have not seen anyone get dragged out.

Let's for an instance say you are the Leo that's called onto the plane and told that passenger in seat 34 A can not be accommodated on this flight but refuses to de-board. You are the leo, what do you do???
                    I don't blame the LE guys. They were put in a bad spot and they were doing their job. If I were them and found out what spawned the incident, I would have been upset.

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post
                      I can only speak for myself...but i argue it only b/c it's a contract he entered into when he bought the ticket. No different than breaking a law & subsequently claiming ignorance of that law as an excuse... if he wasn't aware of it..he should have been, while I understand most average travelers may not even know it exists, that's no excuse for throwing a tantrum when it's enforced
                      This was not an oversold flight so the CoC makes no difference. The flight was full, but not oversold. Hard for me to believe the 4 crew members checked-in within the alotted time. That said, the guy acted like a child and had he acted like a man we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRan View Post
                        & what abt the 5 guys that finish work early & hop on standby for earlier flight, the guy who had a flat tire & missed the flight, the 10 folks affect by weather delays...if you owned the airline...you would just take less margin on every flight i guess when you Know these things happen...lol
                        I guess when you're a big timmer, as you already stated, you don't need to worry about anything like this happening to you. You sure are boastful. Just because someone spends less does not make them less of a human. You can keep saying things like "Guess he wasn't in 1st class, lol".., and whatever else makes you feel you should be treated so much better. But, there are much more hard working people, not saying you don't work hard, that cannot afford 1st class, or 1 million miles on this or that airline. Does that mean they are less meaningful? Maybe I missed something between the 1st and last page I read, maybe not.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

We agree, i think, that you treat folks the way they should be treated...this guy owned what he got...he could have done many things diff...including being arrogant & throwing a tantrum b/c he was uneducated abt an industry standard practice...some customers you just don't need...the result would have been the same on ______airline if he conducted himself in the same manner

& no...it's not reams & really doesn't change off or differ between airlines much...like i said...industry standard

Comment

United and/or the police will pay a big settlement for being dumbasses, plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigyummy77 View Post
                              I guess when you're a big timmer, as you already stated, you don't need to worry about anything like this happening to you. You sure are boastful. Just because someone spends less does not make them less of a human. You can keep saying things like "Guess he wasn't in 1st class, lol".., and whatever else makes you feel you should be treated so much better. But, there are much more hard working people, not saying you don't work hard, that cannot afford 1st class, or 1 million miles on this or that airline. Does that mean they are less meaningful? Maybe I missed something between the 1st and last page I read, maybe not.

Every passenger pays their dues...i'm no different...i paid mine.. in 20yrs of travel, i can count on both hands how many times i have paid for a 1st class seating... doesn't matter if someone flies 1x or 1000x per yr... doesn't make anyone less human...it also doesnt exempt grown *** adults from responsibility of their actions & what they commit to...the fact he may have been uneducated abt a contract he committed to IS NOT United's problem...it's his

Fact is if human nature wasn't what human nature is & mature adults could be mature adults half of the language could be omitted...this is true well beyond airline language btw

But if you think long term clients loyal to you, that pay on time, are not inportant to business & should receive perks...why don't all folks work for min wage & 3 days of PTO? Why reward loyal employees with more benefits, pay, time off...why not just treat everyone the same??

The rational is the same for clients...you reward the good, disgard the bad
                              Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017, 10:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                                You and United continue to miss the point. Simply not the right thing to do.
                                Plenty of other options. Plenty of ways to get the extra employees where they needed to be. You may know contracts, but seem to lack understanding of the consequences when enforced to the letter. Sometimes, judgment is called for.
                                This, just like the 2 daughters, on standby/voucher seats. The father was allowed but the two CHILDREN were not. Step out of the black and white, cut and dry and look at understanding the situation. United needed the employees there by Monday... book a hotel, take another flight. Plain and simple. Customers should come 1st.

Comment

Working...
                                X