Free underware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
    The underwear was donated by "Undies for Everyone", a non-profit out of Houston.
    You're spelling it wrong

Comment

My son's daycare has been doing something similar the last few weeks. One week it's bottled water, next week socks and underwear, etc. We also take two nieces and a nephew each year to get backpacks and some clothes. I'm a softie for kids, partly because I was a bit spoiled but grew up in an area where plenty of my friends did without.

The parents tho...I wouldn't swerve in a ditch to miss them.
      Last edited by CEO; 08-01-2019, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
        My son's daycare has been doing something similar the last few weeks. One week it's bottled water, next week socks and underwear, etc. We also take two nieces and a nephew each year to get backpacks and some clothes. I'm a softy for kids, partly because I was a bit spoiled but grew up in an area where plenty of my friends did without.

The parents tho...I wouldn't swerve in a ditch to miss them.
        This is a good thing also to teach your kids sharing and charity.

Agreed on the parents that need to get out and find a job.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
          Im all for privately funded/donated charity. Totally against gvt funded. ( sounds like this one my not be gvt funded ). The thing that gets me is that so few that receive it actually NEED it. As others have said, most American poverty is due to laziness, drugs etc. I have no sympathy for those, and the kids suffer for it. Neglect etc charges shoukd be filed if you cant feed your kids because you WONT work or use drugs etc. Maybe in the end its all worth it ( privately funded ) if a few REALLY in need are helped.
          100% agree. Been pretty jaded by what I've seen when helping, but in every case it's been crappy parents. Heck we had a mom of a family we helped steal her daughters money (because the daughter was actually trying to work) and then tell her that she needs to ask us for gas and food. Like how screwed up can you be that you purposely steer your kid into the ditch and use them selfishly.

That said, I wouldn't hesitate to help anyone in need and get folks off the govt funded charity line.

Comment

Many working tax payers have to take and pass a drug test to keep employment. Folks receiving Government assistance should be required to do the same.

Comment

How horrible. Giving kids backpacks and undies. Who would do such a thing and waste money I could spend on new broadheads and deer corn so that kids who have ****ty lives can have something like a school book bag and undies. Give me my Starbucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftin View Post
                Spoiled TN I gotta ask is the “dance studio” she’s in a strip club? Sry I had to ask haha that’s a f***** up situation for sure!!

My thoughts as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds like a horrible event.

FYI the undies were from a non-profit.

Comment

I haven’t read the article. But no kid should go without food and clothes and the things they need regardless of their parents. Ever. And I’d gladly help them out. Like the charity stuff HEB does. $5 extra to help feed some folks or provide school supplies to kids? They need that $5 worse than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                      How horrible. Giving kids backpacks and undies. Who would do such a thing and waste money I could spend on new broadheads and deer corn so that kids who have ****ty lives can have something like a school book bag and undies. Give me my Starbucks.
                      Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      I haven’t read the article. But no kid should go without food and clothes and the things they need regardless of their parents. Ever. And I’d gladly help them out. Like the charity stuff HEB does. $5 extra to help feed some folks or provide school supplies to kids? They need that $5 worse than me.
                      Kind of my thinking too. Of all things to get worked up about government spending, getting kids some school supplies and clean underwear isn’t one of them.

Comment

Free Stuff = Democratic Votes.....Oh did I just do that. I'm BANNED NOW....LOL

Comment

Preach!

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                            Kind of my thinking too. Of all things to get worked up about government spending, getting kids some school supplies and clean underwear isn’t one of them.
                            #firstworldproblems

Comment

I’m all for the kids sake it’s the dead beat parents who elect not to work & do everything they can to milk the system for every nickel & dime. I saw a video posted on FB about a woman who received a letter in the mail saying she was approved for welfare benefits. You would have thought she won multi millions in the lottery the way she hysterically reacted dancing & such.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                                You’d think with all this free stuff kids could spell UNDERWEAR

Comment

Working...
                                X