Classifieds observation...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
    PigSticker64 got ROASTED for saying something similar a couple years ago. Guess his mistake was putting a rant ABOUT the classifieds in the classifieds section. There are even some from THIS thread that contributed but seem to be in agreement now.

For context, he was selling a bow and had several "I'll take it" guys back out after asking the questions they should've asked before committing to buy. Glad to see the majority of us are on the same page now.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=635370
    lol first thing I saw was my smart *** comment

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
      lol first thing I saw was my smart *** comment
      Lol not gonna lie... I was expecting another when i saw you quote my post

Comment

I wish you could narrow down classifieds to regions.....

seems most stuff I am interested in is too far away.....

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
          “I’ll take it” seems to mean “Don’t sell it to anyone else until I decide if I want it.”.......
          You need to call those people out then. There are other forums that use the "I take it" rule and if someone backs out they get roasted.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
            You need to call those people out then. There are other forums that use the "I take it" rule and if someone backs out they get roasted.
            yep Ar15 classifieds comes to mind.

Comment

I have never backed out on a deal when I said that I would take it but I have had it happen to me now several times. Some have gone so far as to arrange a time to pick the stuff up and then not show. Blows my mind that what people say no longer means anything to them.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
                I'm glad we aren't that forum. I've never met a stranger on TBH. I wouldn't roast a friend of mine if life got in the way of me selling something to them and I wouldn't do it to anyone on here just for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                  I'm glad we aren't that forum. I've never met a stranger on TBH. I wouldn't roast a friend of mine if life got in the way of me selling something to them and I wouldn't do it to anyone on here just for that.
                  I agree to an extent. OP is not talking about someone saying "i'll take it" with full intentions of following through (like Black Foot above). Stuff happens. He's referring to people using "I'll take it" as a way of holding their place in line before asking the questions to determine if they can actually afford it or work out the delivery logistics.

I saw one recently where a dude says "i'll take it" before OP even posted a price or location. One of those "I'll post more details when i get home" type threads.

Comment

I think a location for the item should be mandatory for a classified post. Not everyone has their location in their profile. People can be quick on the draw to get dibs on an item, before the seller reveals where the item is, and then have to back out of the deal.

Don't ask me how I know...

Comment

And if you’re drunk posting don’t say I’ll take it. Then the next morning blame it on a friend because you left your page open on the computer.

Comment

Last edited by BlackHogDown; 07-11-2019, 09:04 AM. Reason: OOPS

Comment

I'll take it is just a classifieds c-block for all other potential buyers until the commenter can figure out if he really wants it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                            I think a location for the item should be mandatory for a classified post. Not everyone has their location in their profile. People can be quick on the draw to get dibs on an item, before the seller reveals where the item is, and then have to back out of the deal.

If you post "I'll take it" on this or any other forum you should be held to it. If you decide to bail you should be roasted at the stake/pointed out/shamed etc.

As far as location... If you don't know the location of the item before stating "I'll buy it"it's on you buddy. It's not hard to ask on a thread or in a PM. You either want it or you don't.

Shipping/getting the item shouldn't deter buying the item if you want it.
                            "ill take it" should not be used to hold an item but you will still have folks that will unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post

Location, price, and picture. But, that would be a full time job just to monitor it.

Comment

I only said "I'll take it" once. It was just what the seller said but I didn't know enough about it. I bought it anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X