• Show
Clear All

Good looking buck, congrats!

Comment

Great buck

Comment

Nice one!

Comment

A couple more. I know this isn’t a monster, but he’s the biggest buck I’ve ever shot and my first 10pt and the biggest I’ve seen at my property. My buddy has owned the neighboring tract for 15 years and hasn’t shot a buck this big. I’m stoked.

I had a ton of does and young bucks all over the place, but they were only lightly running. Thought for sure with 12-15 does all around me I’d have a good buck tending them, but the biggest one I saw was a 4-yr-old big bodied pencil horned 8. Had several 2.5 year old bucks trying on the does but they weren’t having it.

Feeder went off this a.m. and the does all hit it. I had set it last night to go off a 2nd time at 8:45 and when it did, I noticed right away some very big does coming in I hadn’t seen yet. Saw movement back in the brush and this guy was right on a doe pushing her from my left to right but not heading to feeder. My place is very heavily brushed so I picked a break I thought he’d walk through and when I saw the doe pass through it I knew it was gonna happen. Aimed front shoulder but hit a bit back (pun intended). I’m shooting downhill so it went in just behind right shoulder and came out low and slightly back. Didn’t hit heart but blew up both lungs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Very nice deer!

Comment

congrats. Nice buck

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

That's a great Hill Country buck! We hunted off 16 a tick North of Fredericksburg for more than 20 years. Love that area.

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Congratulations sir!

Comment

Yeah, he is a monster! Congrats, nice deer.

Comment

Congratulations !

Comment

Personally, I'd rather get a double lung shot low like that than a heart shot... Dang heart shots usually mean they run WIDE open until they drop... lungs, usually not so much... Good blood trail and shorter... You dun gooood!

Comment

Congrats! That's a beauty!

Comment

Working...
                                X