Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
    That will work, looks good!!

I have hunted neighborhood bucks a lot and I think they are harder to hunt than the big ranches.
    I believe you are correct.

Comment

Looks good but you wasted your money and time on that varmint cage as it will not stop the coons from spinning the corn off the plate.

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
        Lots of good feeders out there without needing to build. How big is the place you’re hunting? Curious because you say it’s small but has a lot of young bucks that need culling.
        You are correct about the not NEEDING to build a feeder. Man hours to dollars I am completely upside down on this one. But if I never built anything my wife would start asking why I need all those tools in the garage... Plus it is fun to do in the offseason.

It is a small tract of land that bumps up to a bigger piece of land. It is not so much the young deer, but the ones with abnormalities.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
          Looks good but you wasted your money and time on that varmint cage as it will not stop the coons from spinning the corn off the plate.
          You maybe right about that just so long as they do not destroy this one. Not only that there are a few ninja tricks I have learned with a little research.

Comment

Great job I just built two and quickly discovered those varmit cages may kinda keep raccoons out but are no match to hogs pushing up against it! In one week they completely bashed it in. I. ended up having to cut cattle guard panels to size and weld onto legs. Can't beat a good stand and fill feder! Great job!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ynotdrum View Post
              Great job I just built two and quickly discovered those varmit cages may kinda keep raccoons out but are no match to hogs pushing up against it! In one week they completely bashed it in. I. ended up having to cut cattle guard panels to size and weld onto legs. Can't beat a good stand and fill feder! Great job!!

I may go ahead and use that cattle panel idea. Where I hunt they are regulars on the camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You wouldn’t have any pictures of that cattle panel would you?

Comment

Hopefully my buddy will post the pics I sent him to post. I can't get a picture to post on this site if my life depended on it! Ha. I sent him the one with the hog destruction as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ynotdrum View Post
                    Hopefully my buddy will post the pics I sent him to post. I can't get a picture to post on this site if my life depended on it! Ha. I sent him the one with the hog destruction as well.
                    Here’s the pictures
                    Last edited by mason bowhunter; 09-04-2018, 06:36 PM.

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Here's one I built from an old hopper from work. It holds about 1500 lbs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                          Here's one I built from an old hopper from work. It holds about 1500 lbs.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Nice deer. I believe I am going to modify that cage.

Comment

Great feeder. What kind of software did you use to draw it?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
                              Great feeder. What kind of software did you use to draw it?
                              I use autocad 2014. I have 2016 just have not used it yet. Do you use CAD?

Comment

Good lookin feeder getup so far. I built my coon guard around the barrel. Also...I dont like funnels...so I went Jamaican on my barrel with a section of 1” steel pipe and hammered a funnel from/into the bottom of the barrel...now the barrel is the funnel.

I hope to see your LDPs. Thanks for sharing your project RyanC.
                                Last edited by Briar Friar; 07-19-2018, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X