X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will this story pass?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
      Although this Cecil incident may have set some progress back I believe hunters are in a better place than we were even 10 years ago. Look at the popularity of Swamp People; Duck Dynasty; even the eat what you hunt movement (a la Joe Rogan) has picked up steam. It's not all doom and gloom.
      That's our PLAYSHEET.

I'm referencing, their play sheet.

Pitting GROUPS AGAINST EACH OTHER. Them VERSUS Us.

It's not Doom and Gloom, it's the POLITICAL FORMULA FOR CHANGE. Dependent on which side of the agenda you stand on.

They use Emotion and Multi-media to drive emotion, Cecil is a prime example of seizing an opportunity to bleed out hearts toward an animal, in changing the general non-hunting groups, into hating hunters.

Once you HATE HUNTERS, you remove future generations out of the support for groups like NRA.

There is a long term formula at play here and it's POLITICAL.
      Last edited by AtTheWall; 08-05-2015, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
        BAN GUNS
        BAN HUNTING
        EMOTIONAL FUEL = CONTROL CONTROL CONTROL

There is an agenda...a hidden agenda.

Knock over the NRA and the rich lobbyists, who are typically hunters, who support them!

It's not about CECIL folks......far from CECIL.

Pit groups against each other, use social media to strike the chord...and let the EMOTIONS RUN WILD.

Over time.....they will get what they want. One decade at a time, we are seeing it mount against us.
        +1
        For God's sake you can't cry about poor babies being slaughtered in the wombs of mothers and sold by the pound but you can wail like a baby of a dumb *** lion!!! *** gives?!!

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
          This, just like any other logical argument, will fall on deaf ears
          As is evident in the comment section of that article, some of those comments are entertaining to read though.

The mountain lion statement was an interesting take on things.

Comment

Originally posted by protech View Post
            As is evident in the comment section of that article, some of those comments are entertaining to read though.

The mountain lion statement was an interesting take on things.
            We killed the wolves too.

Comment

Originally posted by rwlopez59 View Post
              +1
              for god's sake you can't cry about poor babies being slaughtered in the wombs of mothers and sold by the pound but you can wail like a baby of a dumb *** lion!!! *** gives?!!
              bingo!

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                And hopefully we'll kill some more of them soon.

And apparently we killed all the grizzlies natural predators too, so there's that.

Comment

That's a great article. I can't believe the NY Times published it, but kudos to them for doing so.

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  No one really knows right now if there was a crime committed by the dentist or the PH. That is what needs to be fairly investigated and found out. All the antis and media just spout and print whatever they think will most further their cause, whether the truth is involved or not!

Bisch
                  That's my take at this point as well. If he is a poacher, then punish him (just don't murder him). But if he actually didn't do anything wrong, then get off of his case. Above all, wait for the facts to be sorted out before deciding. So far, all I can gather is that there are conflicting stories in the media about what happened exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                    That's a great article. I can't believe the NY Times published it, but kudos to them for doing so.

That's my take at this point as well. If he is a poacher, then punish him (just don't murder him). But if he actually didn't do anything wrong, then get off of his case. Above all, wait for the facts to be sorted out before deciding. So far, all I can gather is that there are conflicting stories in the media about what happened exactly.
                    Apparently, a lion got killed. His name was Cecil

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                      No one really knows right now if there was a crime committed by the dentist or the PH. That is what needs to be fairly investigated and found out. All the antis and media just spout and print whatever they think will most further their cause, whether the truth is involved or not!

Bisch
                      I think that is the only clear fact we know so far.

Comment

I'm not entirely sure thats been established yet.

Comment

Nothing but a media distraction from the important issues.

Just like JMailin will start another stir the pot thread, there will be another stupid story to take the place of this one.

Discuss.

Comment

The bigger issue is humans giving wild animals names.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                              The bigger issue is humans giving wild animals names.
                              I have no problem with giving wild animals names.
                              Makes it easier to describe what animal is in the LDP.

Comment

LOL very true! You and systemnt are on a roll today! Makes sitting in the office much more entertaining.

Comment

Working...
                                X