No announcement yet.

Hog trap gate - guillotine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing like turning down time into something as good as that. Good job.

Comment

sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by Blackice View Post
        will the wood last against a big pic or is it reinforced with something i cant see
        if you get a sow in there with some piglets two words "good luck." If you've ever seen these things buck, charge or jump especially when their temper is red, you might consider reinforcing your design.

Comment

So, do you have any capture pics yet?

Comment

Yes, I did capture some hogs. Six to be exact, being the first time I have ever capture hogs I can tell you when you walk up on them… things go from quiet to excited in a second. I had six pigs going all different directions. I had a 9mm with target loads with me expecting to only have to put one down… well there was squealing, screaming, blood, urine and poop flying and that was just me. All said and done the trap worked great. They had nothing on the gate, there were scratches where they were working it with their teeth but nothing too deep. I have pictures of the capture in my flicker stream. I would attach pics here but I am at work. Things I have sense learned:

1.a pulley across the top member to open the gate from the out side.
            2.use a trip wire for the trigger, coons too often would hit my other trigger.
            3.move the trap to a dry location, if possible.
            4.One more panel would have been a better size.

Comment

Off with their heads!!!!

Comment

after a few 9mm rounds to slow them down.

The first capture photos.

Comment

Working...
                X