Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
    Did a little scouting this AM. Pretty sure there are no deer in the vine. Everyone can save themselves time by just going elsewhere. [emoji15]

The last remaining buck left half his headgear.

Saw one deer and heard another two blowing at us. Saw a couple dozen hogs. Had a shot at 25 yards that I flat out missed high. Partner did the same about an hour later. Reality check.

Got camp set up and ready for the season.

Anyone that wants to use it while I'm not there can just leave a tip in the tent.

Also, not sure if this stand set up meets the safety guidelines of the Tree Stand Manufacturers Association.

There is cover and mast galore. The deer should be uber healthy.

Enjoyed my time out in God's creation today!

IM pretty sure thats a twig in you hands not headgear! we dont need pics in either !!!!! we keep those things hush

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
      we keep those things hush
      Since when?

Comment

Originally posted by larry View Post
        since when?
        hahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
          Since when?
          since you didnt get drawn again lmao

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
            hahahahahaha

Comment

since you didnt get drawn again lmao
              Keep in mind that I know your area well and am happy to share.

That being said, if there are any first timers to the greatness of Grapevine and you're stumped on where to go, shoot me a PM. I can give you directions to an old fence line that is overrun with P&Y bucks. I'm even up for walking you out there and showing you around.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                Keep in mind that I know your area well and am happy to share.

That being said, if there are any first timers to the greatness of Grapevine and you're stumped on where to go, shoot me a PM. I can give you directions to an old fence line that is overrun with P&Y bucks. I'm even up for walking you out there and showing you around.
                I have an area now ??? please share with me where my area is in this P&Y wonderland! ive never seen an old fenceline around trophy club

Comment

I have an area now ??? please share with me where my area is in this P&Y wonderland! ive never seen an old fenceline around trophy club
                  ah so its near trophy club then lol

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
                    ah so its near trophy club then lol
                    Plenty of access points if you're creative. Beside the old gas pad at Schooling Road and Bobcat Drive, couple of places behind the high school (helps to be in a marked vehicle that nobody would question ), couple of cul de sacs between high school and Trophy Club Park, two more old gas pads (one halfway from high school to park and then one by the park). That's all south side of Denton Creek, of course. North side I've always liked the trail down to the creek behind the TJJD McFadden Ranch halfway house. Longer hike in, but the entrance at the Cross Timbers Trail Head is doable.

Sure miss all my old haunts. Maybe I'll get lucky in the redraw!

Comment

IM pretty sure thats a twig in you hands not headgear! we dont need pics in either !!!!! we keep those things hush

I'm sorry. Things have been hectic as of late. I think I misplaced the set of double secret unspoken rules that I was issued when I was drawn. Now that I think of it I need to get the secret handshake too. [emoji3]

Also, I need to distance as I'm not in the pic. That's my elder statesman public land deer hunting mentor.

Finally, I saw that old fence line that was referenced. Looks like that area has been burned out over the years. Way too little sign and way too many beer cans and Twinky wrappers. I'd push on to plan-B.

Good luck!

Comment

Beer for mass. Twinkies for tine length.

Comment

I'm sorry. Things have been hectic as of late. I think I misplaced the set of double secret unspoken rules that I was issued when I was drawn. Now that I think of it I need to get the secret handshake too. [emoji3]

Also, I need to distance as I'm not in the pic. That's my elder statesman public land deer hunting mentor.

Finally, I saw that old fence line that was referenced. Looks like that area has been burned out over the years. Way too little sign and way too many beer cans and Twinky wrappers. I'd push on to plan-B.

Good luck!
                          I'll just stick with my origianl plan to hunt one goofy tree in a spot that involves no old fences lines, except for back yard ones :-)

Comment

Good luck!
                            Stop jacking with all of us that didn't get drawn(again)..... That pick is from The H. Sorry I forgot to show you the secret handshake. "Mentor" I like that...you could have left out the elder comment

Comment

Gee Mr. Larry, now you are going to confuse the newbies with all those "spots" of yours, might as well just say, hunt the land near the trees and river and you can get there by parking your car anywhere and walking in...

Comment

Larry, you forgot to mention using the jogging paths for your 4 wheeler. Less mud to deal with. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X