Broke out the old LX yesterday - still shoots better than me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
    I know some of you guys are awsome with long bows, however compounds shoot arrows faster and harder= less ducking , and deeper penetration per # of exertion.

I was just trying to even the playing field since folks were ragging on him
    Here we go again.........

To the OP and anyone else that feels the desire to reminisce about shooting compounds Hold off on posting it in the Trad forum.

The above debates always happen........

Comment

My apologies - wow didn't realize it would cause such a fuss - see posts about guns and trucks and well - anyway okee dokee - JB

Comment

Let me take this in another direction, a couple weeks ago I noticed my Hill Style Zebra Grevy hanging on the rack looking all dejected. So I pulled it down and strung it up. Man, I forgot how much fun those Hill style bows are to shoot! Kind of brought that old feeling of " This is why I shoot Trad Archery" back again! I've been enjoying myself so much, I think I'll shoot it at Fredricksburg this week end!

Carry on,

LD

Comment

I've seen many a unethical shot taken with a compound. Just watch outdoor channel.

Comment

Originally posted by jbgoodstok View Post
            My apologies - wow didn't realize it would cause such a fuss - see posts about guns and trucks and well - anyway okee dokee - JB
            Welcome my friend... I see you're new here, well it took me a little time to figure things out too. Stick it out, it will be worth your time.

Comment

I was just jabbing a little fun, but yeah ...

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
                Hard to get deeper than ALL the way through! Every deer I've shot with my 53lb long bow has been a pass through.
                Yep.

Originally posted by ballgame View Post
                Here we go again.........

To the OP and anyone else that feels the desire to reminisce about shooting compounds Hold off on posting it in the Trad forum.

The above debates always happen........
                That is really what the replies were about... nobody on here cares what you shoot OP. But bringing up compounds in the trad forum brings a thread to the top of the front page and folks will jump in and start talking about stuff they know absolutely nothing about.

Originally posted by jbgoodstok View Post
                Yeah, you see posts about Trucks and guns on the other TBH sub-forums. This is the trad sub-forum. We talk about trad here. When I want to talk about guns, I go over to the gun-subforum... when I want to talk about trucks, I go over to the Around the Campfire forum... etc.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                  Bring on the 30-06 vs .270 debate
                  6.5 Creedmore

Comment

It's a shame a true discussion can't be had on the subject of the differences, challenges of and similarities between the two disciplines. Always someone messing it up with putting the other one down.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll put my 98#er with 600 grain arrows up again just about anything where penatration is concerned.

Comment

I know my trad arrows shooting a 50# bow don't have the penetration potential as my compound arrow from the 60# bow. But part of the trad challenge is being close. Staying in the limits of my equipment and my ability. In both disciplines my equipment out weighs my abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          It's a shame a true discussion can't be had on the subject of the differences, challenges of and similarities between the two disciplines. Always someone messing it up with putting the other one down.

The thing is... in order to have a discussion about differences... you have to have folks that have experience with both. You can't have folks that know squat about the other methods, talking crap about those methods.

Folks who call equipment less ethical, yet they have folks using the same equipment they are, making questionable decisions too. Makes me cringe.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
                            Hard to get deeper than ALL the way through! Every deer I've shot with my 53lb long bow has been a pass through.
                            Good example of over-penetration.

Comment

I shoot a compound, but I do air out the Red Wing Hunter from time to time. To tell the truth, I admire the discipline it takes to become a good trad bow shooter. Carry on guys !

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                                6.5 Creedmore
                                Nope, the right answer was 30-30. Nice try though

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X