No announcement yet.

Feeder pen size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO the bigger the better I have some back home that are larger than an acre and have multiple feeders. The more room and the more feed you can put into an area the more a deer will frequent your feeders as well as more deer will use them. Deer do not like to feel like they are in a confined area and are much more nervous when they are. That's just my 2 cents.

Comment

We use 18 hog panels on our feeder pens in south Texas. Deer like a lot of room to move around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine is 330 feet of net wire but I've had to add a few panels and T-Post where the cows have pushed it over...Fred Sanford would be proud. I have a corn slinger, small protein feeder that's rarely used and just added 3 Honeysuckle vines. I'm changing the corn slinger to a Krivoman directional unit before I crank it up next month.

I'm adding another pen in a week or two which will have a timed protein feeder and possibly a corn slinger. It will be made of 16 hog panels in an oval shape.

Bigger the better.

Comment

Great info

Comment

We just increased ours from 24' square to an oval shape with 70' diameter. Will see how this changes the dynamics of the deer hitting the feeder. Used 16 panles and eac hwas between 10-13' long each.

Last edited by TXBRASS; 07-13-2017, 01:32 PM.

Comment

We use 14 panels.

Comment

Hope you don't have cattle on the ranch. They love to mess up our pens.

Comment

Originally posted by ba1005 View Post
                  Hope you don't have cattle on the ranch. They love to mess up our pens.
                  We do, but never have had an issue with them messing with or tearing up the feed pens.

Comment

14 and round.

Comment

Hope that continues Black Gold. Its been a real downer for me to go fill feeders and have to fix the pen too.

Comment

I bet... that would stink!

Comment

Working...
                        X