No CHL in Texas???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    So just because someone isn't a proficient shooter nullifies their constitutional right to own and carry a handgun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    In public, yes.

Comment

Would you want horrible shooters, that maybe never shot a round ever from their handgun carrying around you!? Because there were a couple folks just like that trying to get their CHL. I think it should stay mandatory just for the shooting portion, just to see if you could hit water if you fell out of the boat, otherwise everyone is in danger if **** goes down.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyjams4110 View Post
        In public, yes.

That's just ignorant. What other rights do you feel should be given up ? 1st amendment for someone that doesn't speak well? It must suck to be so afraid of your fellow man.

The chance of any CHL or any regular person carrying at all having to actually pull and use their weapon is nearly non existent.

Comment

That's just ignorant. What other rights do you feel should be given up ? 1st amendment for someone that doesn't speak well? It must suck to be so afraid of your fellow man.

The chance of any CHL or any regular person carrying at all having to actually pull and use their weapon is nearly non existent.

Flame on man... just my 2 cents. I just feel safer with the way the law is now, that all CHL personnel passed a basic shooting course.
          Last edited by jimmyjams4110; 01-10-2017, 11:02 PM.

Comment

So you knew the penal code laws regarding trespassing and deadly force before your class?

I have no shame admitting I didn't. Before your class did you do due diligence to keep up with new laws regarding these items? I didn't.

To say the class is a joke is disingenuous. I don't believe the shooting qualification shoot even be a requirement. They should do nothing more than teach you the laws.

Yes actually I did because I did my research well ahead of time as should everyone else. I have sat through two different ones and while yes Rey covered the laws and he penal code there is a lot more in depth info then is covered in any class

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A few of you have more faith in humanity than I do. There's a bunch of people in this world that just don't have a clue. A couple of the people in my 15 member class this last Sunday didn't pass the shooting portion for GOOD reason, they were just awful! No business with a firearm...

So just screw those folks second amendment rights huh!?

Comment

Im assuming JimmyJams is a LTC instructor by his posts. This might explain his view on the subject.

So should we require a proficiency test yearly? Every 2, 3, 5, etc years? There are a lot of chl holders that havent even shot their gun since getting their license 7-10 years ago! should anyone who carries including my 75 year old grandma be able to hit the 10 ring every shot from 25 yards away before they can carry? When I took my class, there were 6 people who had never shot a pistol in their life. They rented a gun to shoot for the test. All passed. I have no doubt that any of them could protect themselves. All it took was a min or two with the instructor.

This isnt hollywood! the vast majority of Self defence situations happen at a distance of just a few feet, not shootouts across a street.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                  So just screw those folks second amendment rights huh!?

To carry a loaded weapon in a movie theater with me, my two girls, and my wife, absolutely. If you can't hit the target from 7 yards out, you shouldn't be able to carry a weapon in a public place with me and my family. I know I'm opening up myself to ridicule, but **** it. I want to carry, I like the 2nd amendment, so I practiced with my firearm, a lot, and passed the course, took fingerprints today, and will have my LTC in no time, it's not that big of a deal!
                  Last edited by jimmyjams4110; 01-11-2017, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fishingsetx View Post
                    Im assuming JimmyJams is a LTC instructor by his posts. This might explain his view on the subject.

So should we require a proficiency test yearly? Every 2, 3, 5, etc years? There are a lot of chl holders that havent even shot their gun since getting their license 7-10 years ago! should anyone who carries including my 75 year old grandma be able to hit the 10 ring every shot from 25 yards away before they can carry? When I took my class, there were 6 people who had never shot a pistol in their life. They rented a gun to shoot for the test. All passed. I have no doubt that any of them could protect themselves. All it took was a min or two with the instructor.

This isnt hollywood! the vast majority of Self defence situations happen at a distance of just a few feet, not shootouts across a street.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I'm not. I just have a recent reminder that everyone doesn't have the background and knowledge as the people here do with regards to firearms and how to use them. Education, no matter how small isn't a bad thing.

Comment

To carry a loaded weapon in a movie theater with me, my two girls, and my wife, absolutely. If you can't hit the target from 7 yards out, you shouldn't be able to carry a weapon in a public place with me and my family. I know I'm opening up myself to ridicule, but **** it. I want to carry, I like the 2nd amendment, so I practiced with my firearm, a lot, and passed the course, took fingerprints today, and will have my CHL in no time, it's not that big of a deal!

[emoji849]

Comment

To carry a loaded weapon in a movie theater with me, my two girls, and my wife, absolutely. If you can't hit the target from 7 yards out, you shouldn't be able to carry a weapon in a public place with me and my family. I know I'm opening up myself to ridicule, but **** it. I want to carry, I like the 2nd amendment, so I practiced with my firearm, a lot, and passed the course, took fingerprints today, and will have my LTC in no time, it's not that big of a deal!
                        Ummm... you're missing the point entirely.

You want to have a vetting process for constitutional rights.

How many times do you see someone draw their weapon in public? How many times have you seen someone use it?

If you ever did use your weapon, chances are it's within 3 yards. You should have learned that in your class...

Second point... in that situation, you may be a horrible shot at 7 yards. Ever been in a shootout?

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                          ^^^^^Ditto

I also don't think a biz owner should have to do all that 30.06 and 30.07 mess.
                          Just a simple NO GUNS ALLOWED sign should suffice
                          Just like a simple NO SHIRT, NO SHOES, NO SERVICE sign suffices.
                          I don't care if you carry, just don't do it in MY STORE

If I had a dog and a business had a NO PETS/DOGS sign then I just wouldn't bring my dog there

If I had service dog I would walk right by that sign everytime. Now if the business told me no service dogs, I would respect that

Same situation as a 3006/3007 for me

Comment

Would you want horrible shooters, that maybe never shot a round ever from their handgun carrying around you!? Because there were a couple folks just like that trying to get their CHL. I think it should stay mandatory just for the shooting portion, just to see if you could hit water if you fell out of the boat, otherwise everyone is in danger if **** goes down.

Think the gangbanger that is in that movie theater with you took a shooting class?

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                              I'm all for it, it's our constitutional right to carry but the Feds left it up to the states to decide.

Having a permit solves nothing and makes NO ONE safer. It only generates revenue for the state and makes Law Abiding people jump through hoops.

The bad guys aren't worried about a carry permit...heck most of them can't legally own a weapon...
                              ^^^ This is my opinion regarding the subject as well. I agree 100%......... that permit doesn't make you better/safer than the next guy, it just means you went to a class and learned things your daddy shoulda taught you when you were a pup.........

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
                                If you have taken the class you know what a joke it is anyway
                                ^^^^^^ This x 1000

Comment

Working...
                                X