• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good googly moogley!!! ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
      Good googly moogley!!! ^^^
      You should see some of the other bucks they used as DMP bucks
      This one was my favorite. They used another that looked like his twin almost.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
        I wonder how long it would take to tunnel from our place to yours??

Great deer!!

Only one way to find out...[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
          You have to look at what you have to breed with and what you like most of all. When I put the first two bucks (on that ranch) in DMP pens I chose one that was a 4 yr old 21" IS 5x5 that grossed right at 170 in 2003. He was one of the biggest bucks on the ranch. The other one was a 5x5 that grossed around 150 that had been a 6x6 at 3 that was really nice looking just not very wide.

The first buck with the tag is the buck that was a 5x5 at 4 when we first used him. He was 6 in this pic and had been released. They caught him again to use for 4 or 5 yrs in a row IIRC. He scored in the 180's at 8 or 9 yrs old. The second buck is a buck that was caught and used last years after 12 yrs of DMP. The ranch has always tried to select the biggest framed typical 10's or 12's with spread since DMP was used. This buck was first used at 4 2 yrs ago the released and caught last year again at 5. Here is his score totals for 225+ gross at 5:

11 5/8 inches of abnormals

IS 25 5/8

Beams 28 6/8, 29 1/8

G1 4 2/8,3 4/8

G2 12 7/8, 11 4/8

G3 13 7/8, 12 7/8

G4 11 3/8, 11

G5 4 4/8, 5 7/8

mass 36” +

They caught several more bucks of this caliber to use as DMP bucks. It is really impressive to how far along the bucks have progressed in the 10 yrs since I have left. It is mind blowing to see the amount of impressive bucks of all ages.

That is about the prettiest buck I've ever seen

Comment

Good gosh look at all the Bone!! Wow

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
              That is about the prettiest buck I've ever seen

I agree. When I opened that email last fall with this pic, I said it right away that is the prettiest buck I have seen.

Comment

Yes indeed. Good luck this weekend and Congrats! Sorry we are missing it
                Thanks man. Sitting at the pool trying relax before it gets crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                  Thanks man. Sitting at the pool trying relax before it gets crazy.

Calm before the storm.......haha

Comment

You don't know this but you are one of the reasons we started this venture . Your pictures and game plan is something we are generally trying to mimic. Also TBHer Split Arrow has a family place not far away from us and have had amazing results and led us in this direction.
                    I appreciate the compliment. We certainly didn't do anything that hasn't been done before. It just takes a fair bit of time and commitment. It sure looks like you are making some great progress. I look forward to seeing some future pics of your results. I think you are well on your way. Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
                      I agree. When I opened that email last fall with this pic, I said it right away that is the prettiest buck I have seen.
                      Looking at some of their other DMP bucks and they all have huge frames. Impressive ranch and genetics.

Comment

Those are some stud up and comers Hunter! that big nasty double main beam sure gets your attention.....

Comment

Congrats, those are some studs. You will love having a DMP. Pm sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Double-Drop View Post
                            Congrats, those are some studs. You will love having a DMP. Pm sent.

Thanks. PM returned. Let's grab lunch soon if you are free. Would love to pick your brain. I know my dad would like to meet you and learn what we can.

Comment

Thanks. PM returned. Let's grab lunch soon if you are free. Would love to pick your brain. I know my dad would like to meet you and learn what we can.

Sounds good to me. Pm sent.

Comment

I dang sure miss that county. One of the best overall counties for numbers and size of whitetails. One day I'll hunt that nueces river bottom again.

Comment

Working...
                                X