Port Mansfield VS Port Isabel Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Port Mansfield VS Port Isabel Fishing

My son and I are headed down to South Texas for a Nilgai Bull Hunt next month and I am looking at pulling my Scout 177 down with us a couple days early and renting a house with a slip. I have never fished this area and I’m curious which would be better. I hear the lower Laguna Madre is shallow and that Port Mansfield is a 20 mike run to the land cut which is deeper. Any input from the green screen?

Why run all the way to the land cut? The scout is plenty shallow to fish down there you just need to be careful where you are running.

Both places have great fishing.

Comment

Port Mansfield is one of my favorite places. And nothing like hand feeding 150 inch whitetail

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        Port Mansfield is one of my favorite places. And nothing like hand feeding 150 inch whitetail
        This. I love Mansfield and fish it out of my 24' blazer bay. Just have to go slow when not in the channel.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          X3

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Both places are good to fish,,, can't go wrong in Port Isabel North of the causeway LongBar area , trout and reds with plastic under a cork.... good luck!!!

Comment

I have not fished Port Mansfield but LLM is hands down my favorite place to fish.

Comment

Go where the fish are. I'd stay in Port Isabel/SPI area because I am from that area and used to fish or regularly...but if the fish aren't cooperating ,you can run up the bay.

Comment

Working...
                  X