Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
    Haha. I did the same as a kid.
    We used to do the same. Was laughing with a fellow TBHr about that recently.

Comment

Originally posted by DarrellS View Post
      My thoughts exactly. The minute amount of lead fired or fished with is harmless. He!! as a kid I carried my pellets in my lip like a dip.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      We did this too in LA!!! I thought we were the only ones!

Man I hope they lift the Lead ban on ducks! I have never seen a duck get hit as hard by anything as the old 2 3/4 Lead loads.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
        We did this too in LA!!! I thought we were the only ones!

Man I hope they lift the Lead ban on ducks! I have never seen a duck get hit as hard by anything as the old 2 3/4 Lead loads.
        You know I've often wondered how many birds fly off to die later from Steel shot.

Comment

You know I've often wondered how many birds fly off to die later from Steel shot.

It's unreal, I can't even count how many birds I've watched get hammered and sail a few hundred yards or just keep flying with steel. Lead freaking stones them instantly. Not even a comparison.

It doesn't matter how much money you spend on fancy 3" or 3.5" steel it doesn't work as good as lead.

I could almost understand the argument for not shooting lead on say public ground, or rice fields where the rice is for human consumption. But no way on private land. And even more ridiculous that you can shoot 10k rounds of lead at dove on the same place in September.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, carried my 22 cal. Benjamins in my mouth too and later the 5mm Sheridan pellets... probably swallowed a few over the years...

Good thing we didn't have all these restrictions when we wuz groin' up... we'd probably all be dedd by now... I don't know how as kids we ever went outside an' played without getting abducted, run over, or kilt some other way...

Bet y'all never bit a lead shot onto your fishin' line either...

Comment

this explains a lot from a few of you and your metal dip!

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
                Does this change the rules of Hagerman ?
                Curious on this as well. Anyone know?

Comment

All they have to do now is re-open the last remaining lead smelter that was closed by Obama and bullet and ammo prices might just get cheaper.

Comment

A LOT more than people think! I've seen so many ducks get hammered with steel shot, feathers flying all over the place just to see them glide down several hundred yards away never to be found.

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                    It's unreal, I can't even count how many birds I've watched get hammered and sail a few hundred yards or just keep flying with steel. Lead freaking stones them instantly. Not even a comparison.

It doesn't matter how much money you spend on fancy 3" or 3.5" steel it doesn't work as good as lead.

I could almost understand the argument for not shooting lead on say public ground, or rice fields where the rice is for human consumption. But no way on private land. And even more ridiculous that you can shoot 10k rounds of lead at dove on the same place in September.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
                    No CHIT!! How stupid is it that we can hunt dove over a water hole in September with lead shot, but we have to use steel shot in November to hunt ducks over the SAME D@%N water?!?!

And I'm another one that carried pellets in my my mouth and used my teeth on split shot weights when fishing.

Please keep making stupid laws to protect me from myself!!........NOT

Comment

so when or will we see TPWD change the law?

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                        so when or will we see TPWD change the law?
                        What law?

Comment

Before anyone goes out and buys a bunch of lead shot for waterfowl hunting, read the whole thread and the rule change. It only removes the ban on lead rifle bullets and fishing weights on federal land which the Obama administration put in effect as he was going out the door.
                          Last edited by TxNurse; 03-03-2017, 12:22 PM. Reason: wording

Comment

Originally posted by red View Post
                            normally i hear that happening in the other direction...

Bwahahhhaaaaaa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

My thoughts exactly. The minute amount of lead fired or fished with is harmless. He!! as a kid I carried my pellets in my lip like a dip.

Maybe this is what's wrong with kids today, they're not getting enough lead!

Comment

Working...
                                X