Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
    So much for reducing federal spending

It's called a budget, not something democrats and liberals seem to comprehend. Understandable considering the majority don't know where money comes from, and it therefore follows that they can't see how the choices a business, government, or individual makes might dictate the financial success or failure of that entity (see, for example, the state of California).

You see, it's possible to make choices on where you spend money. Trim here, so you can spend more there. Get it? Spend less on beer and cigarettes, you have more money to spend on eggs and milk. You can also "find" money by eliminating certain costs completely. For example, you need public assistance because you can't make ends meet - so you eliminate your cell phone, cable TV, XBox subscription etc. So now you have extra cash to allocate to things like a pair of work boots with the added bonus of having extra time to utilize them for their intended purpose.

Accountability - it's an incredible concept.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      Huh?[emoji844] Not a negative just a factual observation. Even the R's are stating it really helped him tonight to "focus and drill down".[emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] Best he has ever done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
      I agree. Sorry for reading to much into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Porterhouse View Post
        It's called a budget, not something democrats and liberals seem to comprehend. Understandable considering the majority don't know where money comes from, and it therefore follows that they can't see how the choices a business, government, or individual makes might dictate the financial success or failure of that entity (see, for example, the state of California).

You see, it's possible to make choices on where you spend money. Trim here, so you can spend more there. Get it? Spend less on beer and cigarettes, you have more money to spend on eggs and milk. You can also "find" money by eliminating certain costs completely. For example, you need public assistance because you can't make ends meet - so you eliminate your cell phone, cable TV, XBox subscription etc. So now you have extra cash to allocate to things like a pair of work boots with the added bonus of having extra time to utilize them for their intended purpose.

Heck, if we just eliminated 2/3 of the gubment bureaukrauts and their useless jobs, we'd have enough money to do all of the President's agenda and have money left over. THAT's where he's going to have the most trouble... He's responsible and leads the US gubment, but there are so many departments and people that he likely will eliminate that they will do whatever they can to undermine his efforts... like the Federally Illegal leaks from the NSA... Now is the perfect time for Rick Perry to do what he said he'd do when he ran for president... The DOE was created by the second worse president ever to control and ration our energy resources when it was never needed in the first place... pull the plug.... there's the money right there to more than pay for the increase in defense spending with money left over to start that infrastructure program going... I could go on and on...

Comment

Trump! Trump! Trump!
          That was an awesome speech imo and what a drastic contrast compared to the p.o.s O.

Comment

He did a really nice job tonight.

Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Originally posted by Serbin View Post
              The former governer of Kentucky said renigging. Did I hear that. Unfortunately where I am from that has a lot of different meanings.
              The word is renege. It means to break a promise.

Comment

When the cutting starts just sit back and enjoy the dems bringing back the old play book of Republicans want your elderly parents to choose dog food over their meds, they want to
                Starve your kids, they want minority children to be stuck in lousy schools with no hope of
                Ever succeeding.

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
                  The word is renege. It means to break a promise.
                  . .

Comment

Trump nailed it.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      You don't know that. More liberal brain vomit from you and your kind. Business people don't spend money like politicians. Give him a chance to disappoint you before you start acting like you know something.

His behavior and level of maturity have already disappointed

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        Yes sir

I bet he is thrilled with the dem response

I guess I should remind you again I'm libertarian

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          He reduced the National Debt in his first 30 days. You must have missed that XB.

Sure, link?

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
                            He's done more good in the first month for this country than your sorry *** Muslim president did in the last eight years.

Opinions are like a holes

Comment

State of the Union

Originally posted by Porterhouse View Post

Time will tell.

Experts say that Donald Trump is going to explode the budget.

With all the time off work he's talking about for parents and insuring pre-existing conditions, along with $1 trillion to rebuild the infrastructure, I doubt we see a reduction.

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
                                you're right, sorry I'm always acting like an a hole

Comment

Working...
                                X