I’m not very crafty - Craft project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m not very crafty - Craft project

While looking for a buck I shot (and found) I found a different dead buck. Been there a while, all of the bones and horns were bleached out. After looking on the internet at some ideas I thought I may be able to pull off a Texas flag euro mount.

I started by using a walnut stain on the antlers

Went to Hobby Lobby and bought some paint and a brush

In hindsight I should have brought the blue down a little farther

I’m still working on the star...... I’m hoping to find a sponge brush in the shape of a Star. I tried using a stencil and it looked like hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks darn good to me so far!

Comment

That's pretty slick

Comment

Looks Rockin

Comment

Nice.

Comment

That looks good.

Comment

I rike it!

Comment

I think it’s cool [emoji106]

Comment

Good job, Texas flag is always a win!

Comment

Nice!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

I think you did a good job on it. You could print out a star on paper; cut it out and then paint the cutout white

Comment

Looks very good!!!

Comment

What brand stain did you use? Did you wash your antlers beforehand with anything special to get them clean or just use soap and water?

I have 2 skulls with bleached out antlers I would love to do this for but not sure how to prep them before applying stain.

Comment

It looks good! They have oil based paint pens that work really well. It's much easier than a brush.

Find the best Paint Markers for your project. We offer the Multi-Surface Fine Tip Premium Paint Pen by Craft Smart® for $4.49 with free shipping available.

Comment

Originally posted by macguyverberry View Post
                              What brand stain did you use? Did you wash your antlers beforehand with anything special to get them clean or just use soap and water?

I have 2 skulls with bleached out antlers I would love to do this for but not sure how to prep them before applying stain.
                              just clear water and a towel to clean them off and let the dry a day or 2. Minwax "special walnut" color.
                              I brushed it on because the horns were so knotted up. hung them upside down and let sit for like 30 minutes and then whipped it down with a dry towel.
                              Then hung them upside down again for another day or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X