No announcement yet.

Retirement equals more work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those look really nice. I like the idea of the footrest. Extremely comfortable looking too.

Comment

well Legdog I listed some on craigslist in San Antonio and Austin area for sale just to see if there is any interests I priced them as unfinished but I have 3 of the lower ones finished i'd sell, seems like the taller ones are more popular now among friends and family,

Comment

Very nice work!

Comment

Thank you all for all the nice words, after a bunch of thought I’ve put some up for sale on Craigslist, I have them listed for 150 unfinished I know some are more and some are less but I’d like y’alls opinion on price design or even if theirs a market for another Adirondack style chair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
            Thank you all for all the nice words, after a bunch of thought I’ve put some up for sale on Craigslist, I have them listed for 150 unfinished I know some are more and some are less but I’d like y’alls opinion on price design or even if theirs a market for another Adirondack style chair.

I would pay $150 for that. I know how much work it is (I am sure you have it down to an art).

We have some at our place in rockport and it is the only thing that gets put in the shed when we leave because people think they are theirs at times. I branded the underside of them so I know they are ours.

Comment

Some f the ones I saw before I made mine were very simple angle cuts no curves screwed together and not made for big people ,and that would last more than one season, if they sell maybe it’ll pay for my lease and feed supply

Comment

Awesome craftsmanship -I'm addicted to free pallet wood-you put some time and material into those ,surely they fetch a pretty penny. I sold my first set for $150 and they did not look as nice as yours.

Comment

I’m no carpenter or expert I’m just a trial and error kinda guy, I made some Adirondack chairs out of necessity about 5-6 years ago after wanting something substantial that would last. I got ideas from online and videos and went from there I decided to bolt mine together made my first ones out of pressure treated lumber , but then read about exposure to the chemicals in the lumber when cutting and working or sitting on it. So now I use prime lumber for friends and family and then give them away unfinished , although I have stained some and sprayed them with polyurethane and painted some with oil based paint so they will take this south Texas sun.

Comment

Very nice work except for those maroon ones are ugly as heck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Haha I was waiting for that, you have no idea how far people spotted those maroon chairs from the street and my driveway is 140 ft to the street

Comment

I'll take a 30" chair but you might want to make it with 2x6's for me

Seriously good work my friend.

Comment

If you made a few from each of the Major TX Universities (Tech, UT, A&M etc) bet you could sell them for a nice little profit.

Comment

Glad you like the taller chairs they’re easier to get on and off of, I’m 6’e and was about 265 when I built the first one of these Adirondack chairs and they’ve held up well, they’re almost 6 years old. I’m getting several requests from friends who want UT orange, TT red, lots of Maroon. Pool company sales woman and designer that’s putting in our pool asked if I sold them I said no she said you should lots of chairs out there but yours have a lot of detail in the work, said I should make a website and sell online. I told her I’m a retired policeman don’t know anything about sales.

Comment

Nice work Sir. Also thank you for your service as LEO.

Comment

Thanks for your support, after 30 years I still miss it sooooo.

Comment

Working...
                                X