How do you chicken fry your backstrap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you chicken fry your backstrap?

If you don't try this you're missing out!! It's a little unconventional but it. Was. Amazing!! Take your blender and put in equal parts lays potato chips, and captain crunch cereal (yes you read that right). Then chicken fry as usual! It was the best thing I've ever had in my life!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you wanna take it up a notch, use jalapeƱo flavored potatoe chips. Never used the cereal but we use the potatoe chips on a lot of stuff.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1469240918.026411.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	24453183Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1469240981.718925.jpg
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	24453184Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1469241070.516580.jpg
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	24453185
      Just like this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Love me some real gravy

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

I think this is the best tool available for tenderizing cuts of meat. Now, backstrap doesn't always need it, but cut it 1/2" thick, run it thru 4 times, turning it 1/4 turn each time, flour it up in your favorite breading mix, throw it in a cast iron skillet with bacon grease and it is some fine eating.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
              I think this is the best tool available for tenderizing cuts of meat. Now, backstrap doesn't always need it, but cut it 1/2" thick, run it thru 4 times, turning it 1/4 turn each time, flour it up in your favorite breading mix, throw it in a cast iron skillet with bacon grease and it is some fine eating.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Miste...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

Used one of those for years, then stepped up to the stainless steel blade model. Not I tenderize EVERY piece before I package it. I can thaw it, season and flour it, into the grease and done.

Comment

man, that sounds amazing

Comment

At one point in my life, I was on a low carb diet so I tried to stay away from flour. I would take spicy pork rinds and put them through a processor down to fine meal. Battered with some egg and pork rind meal in bacon grease. Pretty darn good.

Comment

Joke?

Originally posted by Mblenamo View Post
                    At one point in my life, I was on a low carb diet so I tried to stay away from flour. I would take spicy pork rinds and put them through a processor down to fine meal. Battered with some egg and pork rind meal in bacon grease. Pretty darn good.
                    So you though fried fat pork rinds were better for you than flour?

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post

Lol...agreed! The bacon fat tops it off! That is like saying "I'm on a diet, so can I get my ice cream in a bowl instead of a cone, but add some extra fudge to it"

I wonder how that diet worked [emoji16][emoji56]

I do like the recipe though [emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
                        If you're on a diet it is! I did the keto diet and lost around 30 pounds in two months! eat lots of FAT! no carbs!

Comment

I'll try it. I'm not skeered.

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
                            [ATTACH]802504[/ATTACH][ATTACH]802505[/ATTACH][ATTACH]802506[/ATTACH]
                            Just like this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            I would like to know what your secret is for that brown gravy! Looks amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Mblenamo View Post
                              Sounds good!

Comment

Working...
                              X