No announcement yet.

Crockpot pulled pork - super easy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sounds great, always trying to find meals we can put in the crock pot and have a meal ready when we return to camp in the evening. Will be trying it this week.

Comment

Mar 2008 to Mar 2017. 9 years and this thread is still going strong. Amazing!

I've done this with a whole ram leg, a wild boar ham, brisket, store bought pork and Lord knows what else. Excellent every time.

Now I'm hungry again!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
          Well I just cleaned up some hog and was gonna try this, but recently found a packet of McCormick "slow cooker pulled pork" seasoning so thought I'd try that. Instead of water it made me mix it up with ketchup, brown sugar, and vinegar. I figure it's got to be good because anything is good with a nice coating of brown sugar on it.
          I used Stubbs instead of Ketchup, but used everything else above (seasoning, brown sugar, and Apple cider vinegar) ^^^
          It is in the crockpot as we speak. First time to do pulled pork with a wild piglet's ham.
          Can't wait to get home! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
            I used Stubbs instead of Ketchup, but used everything else above (seasoning, brown sugar, and Apple cider vinegar) ^^^
            It is in the crockpot as we speak. First time to do pulled pork with a wild piglet's ham.
            Can't wait to get home! LOL
            I hope you like sweet! Lol... How'd it turn out?

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
              I hope you like sweet! Lol... How'd it turn out?
              Just followed the recipe on the packet.

Turned out great! I toasted some corn tortillas, added home made pico de gallo and cheese. Yum
              My family doesn't like leftovers and we ate it three days in a row. That is saying something.
              Attached Files

Comment

Pulling this one back up! I was searching for a recipe for some company that isn’t too fond of wild game. I plan on making this on Sunday with a hog hind quarter I have on ice right now.

Comment

Working...
                X