Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Listed 2 Bowfishing recurves in the classifieds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Both spf

Bisch

Comment

You giving up on bowfishing since you live so far away from the water now? (-:

Comment

Ha! Nope! Just thinning the herd!

Amistad is as close to me here as Dunlap was to me when I lived in Georgetown!

Bisch

Last edited by Bisch; 06-25-2018, 07:39 AM.

Comment

I thought Amistad was a dried up mud hole.

Comment

No, not Amistad! I have not been yet, but have been told it is very clear, and lots of fish to be had. There are several other "dried up mud holes" out this way though!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              No, not Amistad! I have not been yet, but have been told it is very clear, and lots of fish to be had. There are several other "dried up mud holes" out this way though!!!!

Bisch
              Been many times. Bass fishing. You can see a beer can forty feet down!

Comment

Makes for tough fishing in clear water. Fluorocarbon is your friend. (Spelling may be off)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  Makes for tough fishing in clear water. Fluorocarbon is your friend. (Spelling may be off)

Clear water is your friend when bowfishing!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

To an extent. 3 to 5 feet of visibility is okay. After that they spook to easy. Even like Ray Roberts the fish can be pretty spooky daytime fishing. Sometimes better to sit still and let them swim by then whack them.

Comment

Well that isn’t computing!!!! I have been bowfishing a lot, and clearer water is always better than murky water. They wiggle a little into the grass thinking they are hiding, and next thing ya know, “whack” with an arrow!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Places that we fished a lot the fish got spooky. Some nights you had to just have them in the edge of the light. In spring dirty water warms faster than clear water so they get more active there first.
                        I don't bowfish anymore. But back it the day, when I had a boat set up for it, we went most weekends. Day and night fishing. It was fun for a long time but somehow I got away from it. Guess it was when my good buddy got too old to want to go. Funny how loosing a good partner can change things. Still have a bunch of gear. Need to get another boat I guess.

Comment

Working...
                        X