No announcement yet.

To shoot or not to shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would pass it down as is. Not sure if I would give the same message to the next generation. I might tell them never sell it and take care of it and if they decide to shoot it then so be it. I am not sure I agree with a gun that is never shot. But I get it.
    Last edited by dbaio1; 06-21-2018, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Beautiful gun!
      I wouldn’t shoot it, just keep ogling it

Comment

I have a similar Smith 586 given to me by my pops before he passed. It's a Texas DPS commemortive model with the same presentation box and gold leaf leaflet. It too is unfired, and will remain so as long as I own it. Besides, to me it's still my pops gun, I'm just hanging on to it for him.
        I agree with 175g7.62 & Wyobull --- don't shoot it.
        Ed

Comment

If you don't plan on ever selling it go ahead and shoot it. Besides, someone has already been playing with it and there are drag marks on the cylinder. I will say that it's too nice looking to ever see holster use though.

Comment

Unless you are willing to not ever open the cylinder or pull back the hammer you're going to wind up with a pistol that shows every indication of being fired but hasn't been. the bullet going down the barrel isn't what devalues the gun it's what it takes to get the bullet there that does. I have a 586 that has 4-5 hundred rounds through it and still looks new except for the cylinder rubs on it. If you want to shoot it go for it. Just treat it with the respect it deserves and make some memories with your kids.

Comment

Working...
            X