Recommend me a suppressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend me a suppressor

I’m looking for a one can does it all suppressor. I’ve looked at a few but I’m just not sure. I like the silencerco hybrid the ability to mount on everything from 223-45-70 is really interesting and the ability for handgun mounting.

Thanks in advance.

Sandman
    Omega
    Crux 30
    Gemtech one
    Hybrid
    Thunderbeast
    Rugged Surge (believe that’s what it’s called)

5 pages of suppressor knowledge for you

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
      Sandman
      Omega
      Crux 30
      Gemtech one
      Hybrid
      Thunderbeast
      Rugged Surge (believe that’s what it’s called)

5 pages of suppressor knowledge for you

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...rchid=31960842
      Thanks but the link doesn’t work.

Comment

The hybrid from silencerco is definitely a do all suppressor. Most .30 cal rifle cans will handle your 5.56-300wm needs, but won't work for the pistol cartridges. Most pistol cans won't handle the pressures of high power rifle rounds. Without doing any research, the hybrid is the only one I know of that will do both. It also comes with multiple mounting options and silencerco's warranty. You should still buy a dedicated .22 suppressor that you can take down and clean though. Unjacketed lead and dirty powder from .22lr will clog up a suppressor lessening its effectiveness. It is my understanding that most high power rifle rounds are somewhat "self cleaning".

Comment

Griffin Optimus is another option. It is rated to 300wm, size configurable, and user serviceable for .22lr use. But... it only works on 9mm pistols.

Comment

Thanks lungbuster I don’t much care to have a dedicated 22 suppressor right now just centerfires. I think I’m going to look further into the hybrid.

Comment

I know little about them seen one the other day(tuesday)on AR glanced at it as I was leaving the range..Went to range friday and heard that..someway some how it was launched while shooting..and aint been seen or found since..No reason for sure why it came off..So Beware S... happens...

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                I know little about them seen one the other day(tuesday)on AR glanced at it as I was leaving the range..Went to range friday and heard that..someway some how it was launched while shooting..and aint been seen or found since..No reason for sure why it came off..So Beware S... happens...
                I have heard of this kind of stuff happening before usually do to not having the can locked down properly. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

45-70 will require a bigger can than most of the offerings that only go up to 30 cal. If you can live with .308 and under, I would suggest TBAC Ultra, Crux Arc 30, or Dead Air.
                  I have an Ultra 9 and see no poi shift with any of the three host rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                    I’m looking for a one can does it all suppressor. I’ve looked at a few but I’m just not sure. I like the silencerco hybrid the ability to mount on everything from 223-45-70 is really interesting and the ability for handgun mounting.

Thanks in advance.
                    What rifles and calibers do you own?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cva34 View Post
                      What kind of can was it? SiCo?

Comment

Originally posted by SC-Texas View Post
                        What rifles and calibers do you own?

223,300blk,243,260,30-06,6.5grendel. Just sold my 45-70 which I really regret so probably will buy another soon.

Comment

IMO-do all translates to doing many things not very well. I could be wrong but typically these type items like everything will have you compromise somewhere.

You're better off to determine which application you use a suppressor for the most and start there.

I bought a Thunderbeast ultra 7 for its light weight and minimal poi shift.

I shot my first deer today with a suppressed rifle and loved it. I also carried my suppressed 17 hmr and very quietly tagged a couple of coons at 175 yards under the feeder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Get a .30 cal can. IF you get a .4570, get a hybrid with it.

Dead Air Sandman L
                            Rugged Surge
                            SIG SRD762QD
                            TBAC ULTRA 7 and 9
                            Crux Ark and Archangel
                            Larue Tactical Tranquilo
                            Griffen armament Recce 7

I'm not a SiCo fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                              I shot my first deer today with a suppressed rifle and loved it. I also carried my suppressed 17 hmr and very quietly tagged a couple of coons at 175 yards under the feeder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                              What gun and ammo did you use? Did you use subsonic ammo?

Comment

Working...
                              X