Mosquitos Drain On Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mosquitos Drain On Deer

The last few days I have watched deer trying to feed but just couldnt stand still because of them. They were working on me too even with good repellent.

I had this deer come in and his face looked like it was painted with them. This brought me to the thought that it must be a serious drain on deer when they are this bad. Any swamp hunter thoughts?
    Attached Files

Goodness! Nice deer also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ethic1 View Post
      Goodness! Nice deer also

Yes he was tempting.

Comment

Hunting the Louisiana swamps were the worst I’ve ever seen. You would be swarmed the whole time you’re in the stand. I never thought about deer getting bit... I was too worried about myself!

Comment

Man thats bad!!! That has to suck

Comment

I have been seeing them in the river bottom laying in water with only their head sticking up this week. They will get a bite of corn and run and shake their head and lay back down in the water. It’s the worst I have seen this year.

Comment

It can’t be good. I always felt sorry for the ones with horseflies on them too. Those suckers hurt !

Comment

I wonder if sulfur blocks would help with mosquitos, they seem to help with ticks.

Comment

Start putting a thermocell under your feeder. You will have all the deer under it.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas276 View Post
                    Start putting a thermocell under your feeder. You will have all the deer under it.
                    haha

Comment

I have seen deer get in water up to their necks to get away from them.
                      They can’t stand still long enough to relax and feed.

Comment

Here is a pic from my old lease. The mosquitos didn't seam to bother the deer but I'm sure the deer get used to them since they were always bad at that lease.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Between the skeeters and horse flies, I don't see how our deer have any blood left! Our lease has a ton of water on it, and lots of swampy areas. Guess they are adapted to it, and can replenish their blood quickly, as that is where most of the deer hang out.

Comment

[ATTACH]933028[/ATTACH]

Comment

Every once in a while when the mosquitoes are bad I think about all the critters and feel sorry for them

Pigs are pretty smart, they roll in mud or rub on creosote posts to combat the bugs

Comment

Working...
                              X