No announcement yet.

What distance do you shoot best at?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I try to keep all shots on deer at 18 yds and closer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

15-20. But now that I've seen the Verifier thread.....

Comment

20 minus is pretty much my Texas standard but I am comfortable out to 60 and routinely shoot out to 90 without losing arrows.

Comment

20-25 is what I practice at weekly in the backyard but I shoot better 25-30

Comment

Trad guy here. I practice on foam animals in the backyard out to 25 regularly but my feeders are at 15 yards. I will shoot at a pig on the other side of the feeder but not a deer. I throw my chum corn at 10-12 yards.

Comment

I'll practice out to 50 with my wheeled bow and 25 with my Trad Bow. I hunt at about half that. If its a Hog, I'll take whatever shot I can get.

Comment

15 yards with the recurve and I gotta feel real good about taking a 40yd shot with the Matthews, otherwise I will not risk it at a critter.

Comment

I took to the school of thought of shooting at "actual" yardage - i.e. most animals are not going to be at exactly 25 yards or 30 yards - so my pins are set for 17-27-37-etc.-etc

that being said - my comfort zone for killing is 27-37

Comment

15-20 now that I'm getting where i don't see like i used to.

Comment

I practice out to 120 but won’t shoot a deer much past 30 and that’s only if it’s the perfect condition. I’m not afraid to fling an arrow as far as I can see at a hog or coyote
                      Though...

For the guys that shoot better at farther distances I believe it’s because your more relaxed. The closer you are the harder you try to have that pin sit in the exact center and make the perfect shot

Comment

12-15 yards
                        20 max, closer than 12 is sketchy to get drawn without being noticed.

Comment

ground blind - 20 yards max
                          tree stand - 30 yards max

Comment

15-20

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtnuYtBXTbU&sns=em"]South 8 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

20-25 is my happy place. I do love to practice at longer distances though when I can. In my backyard, I can only really get to about 27 yards, so I don't get to practice those 30-60 yard shots as much as I'd like.

Comment

I don't think he's talking about what distance you feel comfortable shooting an animal at, but what distance do you shoot best at. For some reason I can stack arrows at 50 yards almost better than I can at 20. 30 and 40 yards are small paper plate size groups. 60 yards is large paper plate.

Comment

Working...
                                X