• Show
Clear All

Thanks Kevin Lol Hotrod he will need a couple years at least LOL

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
      That’s a nice un he will be real good next year
      Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
      Thanks Kevin Lol Hotrod he will need a couple years at least LOL
      [emoji23][emoji23] what do you guys think of this one on age? He's got good body size to me

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
        [emoji23][emoji23] what do you guys think of this one on age? He's got good body size to me

He looks mature that's for sure.

Comment

Hard to tell with just 1 picture but he looks promising. Mature for a Sam deer from that picture. Maybe a slight sway in his back and a round belly. Hope he becomes a regular to your spot.

Comment

I hope he does too, there's another of similar size with him in that spot, so I'm curious to see how they look come this August
            Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
            Hard to tell with just 1 picture but he looks promising. Mature for a Sam deer from that picture. Maybe a slight sway in his back and a round belly. Hope he becomes a regular to your spot.

Comment

http://abc13.com/woman-rescued-after...orest/3481189/

I legitimately cannot find a spot more than a mile or two from a road, power line, gas line or house in the entire woods. To get lost totally amazes me.

Comment

Simply put, people can make stupid decisions when they're out of their element
                Originally posted by WItoTX View Post

I legitimately cannot find a spot more than a mile or two from a road, power line, gas line or house in the entire woods. To get lost totally amazes me.

Comment

I got "lost" one of the first times to SHNF. My flashlight quit about 4:30 in the morning and I was deep in some thick stuff. However, unlike her I was prepared with a map, compass and whistle. I found a way out within about 10 minutes. To be lost for 15 hours she must have been walking in circles.

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
                    I got "lost" one of the first times to SHNF. My flashlight quit about 4:30 in the morning and I was deep in some thick stuff. However, unlike her I was prepared with a map, compass and whistle. I found a way out within about 10 minutes. To be lost for 15 hours she must have been walking in circles.
                    I got lost once as well, but I let out my 35ft rope (I use to pull up bow/rifle) behind me to make sure I was walking a stright line and hit a road within 30-45 min then walked to my truck... as for that lady, well common sense isn't that common

Comment

Originally posted by hot_rod_eddie View Post
                      And again some people are Drama Queens . That was her 15 min of fame. She is probably planning on writing a book of her harrowing ordeal how she fought for survival in the treacherous SAM for 15 hrs .
                      Last edited by HotRod Hunter; 06-01-2018, 09:02 AM.

Comment

A couple pics of my boys helping field dress a sow in the Sam last weekend! Orange was in the backpack for pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by forest-hunter; 06-01-2018, 09:18 AM.

Comment

SMH, doesn't surprise me. Talking to local PD "bowhunters" call 911 because they are lost at Whitney corp land every year which blows my mind considering the biggest compartment isn't hardly even 2000 acres (and mostly open) and the rest of them are way smaller than that. Some people just do not have a very good sense of direction.

Comment

Nice head shot NF! Way to get them boys in the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                              Nice head shot NF! Way to get them boys in the woods.
                              Thanks Lee! But it's fh not nf Lol, can't let him take credit lmao jk Bryant.
                              Last edited by forest-hunter; 06-01-2018, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Great job getting the young kids out in the da woods.

Comment

Working...
                                X