X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think if you got a running start... nvm [emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is the buck that I got a glimpse of on my first hunt and thought he was bigger than he actually is. I can't even get this deer to 130". Looks to have 13 points total but I think he is a 4 year old....so he will get a pass this year on my small place and maybe he will live to become bigger next year.

Plenty of other targets on camera.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've kept up with this thread, but I don't ever remember reading about the deer that escaped from a local high fence place. Did you ever see any of those deer?

Comment

That's a nice deer and gonna be very hard to pass!

Comment

Sure looks 130" to me

Comment

I would venture to bet he is fairly close to 130 if not over. Gross measure for sure. Gonna depend on how you score him. I took at 3-4 year old 120" 8 point opening weekend of rifle season and this buck looks more impressive. If I had realized how young mine was in the 30 seconds I had to decide I might have waited as well, but it happens.

Comment

Congrats to the daughter Steve. Just catching up..you deserve all the good luck with what you have been through the last year or so with the farm. Good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by dope hunter View Post
                    I've kept up with this thread, but I don't ever remember reading about the deer that escaped from a local high fence place. Did you ever see any of those deer?
                    You know I have never seen one in person or camera. All of his large bucks had ear tags. We've had 2 epic floods that likely dispersed them but I have no idea where they all went.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. Here are some different angles of him. It looks like he is a mainframe 10 with 3 sticker points.

Any thoughts on age?

Comment

Originally posted by jbhlsu View Post
                        Congrats to the daughter Steve. Just catching up..you deserve all the good luck with what you have been through the last year or so with the farm. Good stuff!
                        Thanks Joe! Been a crazy couple of years for sure. So glad she got it done!

Comment

Not the best pics to go by, but I would think he is 5. Any deer from last year that matches up to him?

Comment

He is 5.5 and over 130 for sure. GO hunt him hard

Comment

I have no pics of him from prior years that I could tell. I keep thinking about what this deer could turn into with some good spring plots and alot of protein.....if he doesn't get killed. Haven't had a chance to do either in a few years with all the flooding.

The day I saw him in person (briefly)...I remember how big his body looked so now I'm leaning with you all on age.

Comment

That’s a great looking buck!!! Sorry, no help with age.

Comment

Working...
                                X