No announcement yet.

Perch fishing is still fun....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a creek that runs through one of our pieces of property, I could wade it with a spinning reel and worms on a cork all day long catching perch and small catfish. Or sit on a dock in the evening with a cooler of beer catching perch. It’s more fun than bass fishing to me.

Comment

Shane, thanks for the information. I’m just starting with the fly fishing and about to start taking lessons at Gordy and Son’s.

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
        Yes sir they have saved many a trip. My son loves catching any kind of fish that swims in the water. It's nice because the pond we were at today is in the pasture behind the house. Nice and close and loaded up with perch.

On a different note I think I lost my 257 Weatherby that I bought off of you. And by lost I mean my daughter is wanting to use it this year for deer and pig hunting. So I guess she'll probaly end up and use it going forward. That'll give me a reason to shop around for another gun.
        I've been contemplating selling my Rem 700 CDL .257. If I decide to, I'll let you know.

Comment

Love me some perch fishing...........

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
            You can also tie on a nymph or worm or some kind of sinking fly on a dropper off the back of whatever floating fly you're using. Then the dry fly acts like your "bobber", but you can catch fish on it too. Sometimes a double, one on each fly.
            When we canoe/kayak the rivers that's a good rig to use. Sometimes you can catch a nice river bass on the popper and a crazy goggle-eye on the back sinker fly. It's a little harder to throw but you will get some good results. Makes me want to skip out of work early today and go fishing!

Comment

You bet it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All you need is a fly combo and a small box of flies you can throw in your pocket.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

A starter box I have tied for a few folks starting out on TBH.

Comment

Perch on light tackle alot of fun

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                      Perch have saved a lot of fishing trips when nothing else was biting. I still remember my grandpa getting super excited when my cousin and I would pull in hand sized bluegill. Gut, scale, cut heads off and you’re ready to go.

OP, great job getting the young folks involved. You’re doin it right.

Yep, my folks cringed when I filet them. Wanted them whole and fried crispy eating the tail and fins.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                        A starter box I have tied for a few folks starting out on TBH.

Looks good. Those Clousers in chartreuse and white are great for bass.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                          Looks good. Those Clousers in chartreuse and white are great for bass.
                          Yep, those are my goto bass fly if they are not rising to the foam bugs.

Comment

Perch fishing is still fun....

Had good luck on the BoogleBug popper lately on the Guad. Just learning how to fly

Last edited by makotex; 06-12-2018, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Those Boogle poppers are very good. Caught many a bass on them. Here's a good smallmouth from the Upper Mountain Fork river in Oklahoma a few weeks ago.
                              Attached Files

Comment

More fat bass on the popper and one on the frog. Life is good.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X