Views:	1
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	25148562

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180611_193453_1528763743724.jpg
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	25148563

Took my son out to our pond for a little perch fishing this evening. Once it warms up a little (late spring early summer) they are easy to catch out of here. He's probably caught 15 in as many minutes. I decided to catch me a few also. It sure is still lots of fun watching that little cork go under from a perch. Anyways back to perch fishing I go.

Heck ya it is.

Comment

Yes it is. I've fished all over the country, and a few places internationally, inshore, offshore, and I still like to go catch perch. Lol

Comment

Perch are excellent year round on a fly rod

Comment

Been taking my little dude last couple of weeks to the pond down the street at a church to do some perch jerking. He wants to go everyday. Embarrassing part is his mother took him and a couple of his friends one day and she thought of using the perch for bait and started catching bass.

Comment

Perch filets are absolutely marvelous to eat and make a helluva poboy sandwich. Stack'em like shrimp.

Comment

I finally got to wet a line this past weekend. Every one caught something. Even manage to haul in about a 1 lb channel cat yeehaw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
                Perch filets are absolutely marvelous to eat and make a helluva poboy sandwich. Stack'em like shrimp.
                Yes sir I like to eat perch also. Use to go to lake Fork and catch loads of them just for eating. Haven't done that in awhile. Need to do that soon.

We usually just throw them back in when we catch them in our pond. However we caught a few bigger ones out of here last year and we ate them.

Comment

Name:	t9WrTRcf-270050156.jpg
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	24542645

Name:	yVwLF6OE-269942635.jpg
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	24542646

Nice bass to end the day with.

Comment

It's always fun to go back to the basics!

Then that magical moment happens when a bass hooks up just like your pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      It's always fun to go back to the basics!

Then that magical moment happens when a bass hooks up just like your pics.
                      For sure. I said catch one more then we'll go back to the house. He made it count. I was loading up the truck with my stuff and heard the splashing. Looked up and he was bringing the bass in. Was a fun evening.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post

Perch have saved a lot of fishing trips when nothing else was biting. I still remember my grandpa getting super excited when my cousin and I would pull in hand sized bluegill. Gut, scale, cut heads off and you’re ready to go.

OP, great job getting the young folks involved. You’re doin it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep. Never gets old.

Comment

I prefer perch fishing in my pond nowadays over catfishing. Lots of nonstop action.

Comment

Yes sir!

Comment

Working...
                              X