No announcement yet.

Pathological Liars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife keeps saying that size doesn't matter. Does that count?

Comment

I went to school with a kid that was just full of it. We all knew it and so we never took a word he said seriously. After high school, he moved off to the nearby city and went to a trade school. While there he became president of a mini truck car club (it was the 90s) and kept telling those guys the whoppers except they believed them! The crazy thing about his lies is he would tell a story and then include you in it and make you look good in the story! Sometimes even better than him! Once he told this wild tale about how himself, me and another friend got jumped by ten dudes and we whipped their asses. Of course, we were right out of high school and the group he was telling this to included some chicks. So, we went right along with it. Later, I got in the pickup with my other buddy (the one in the story) and I was like “Hey, that didn’t happen, did it? I want to make sure I didn’t get a concussion and forget the only time in my life I was Bruce Lee level cool.” Lol.

That guy missed his calling as a lawyer or politician. Instead he’s a truck driver. I imagine him like a way less cool Jack Burton telling tall tales on the CB. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
        Wife keeps saying that size doesn't matter. Does that count?
        LOL
        I have never understood compulsive liars that have to know that you know they are full of BS.
        Have known a few in my day.

Comment

I have a buddy like this. Funny thing is he doesn't really lie about anything important. Talking to him on the phone not long ago and he starts in on a story and I stop him and say; I'm going to let you tell your story but just know I don't believe 95% of what you tell me. He just laughed and kept on talking.

Comment

Each of these stories describes my best friend. From absolutely pointless to the most complex you could ever imagine... if his mouth is moving it is lying but he always makes you feel good in his lies.

Not really sure why he does it but 99% of them are harmless.

Comment

I can’t even stand embellishments, much less lies.

Im not a whole lot of fun for folks that like to do that stuff around a campfire to be around.

Comment

Originally posted by Encinal View Post
                I can’t even stand embellishments, much less lies.

Im not a whole lot of fun for folks that like to do that stuff around a campfire to be around.

I have one buddy that is terrible about lying.

For instance he called me claiming he went on a skeet shoot a few months back and said he shot terrible and shot 50 or 60 out of 100. I went on my first skeet shoot ever and told him I shot a 78 out of 100 and he said that was terrible and he shot 99 out of 100 the last time he went[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  I used to know somebody like that, but he got sent off, by the CIA, to assassinate the head of a foreign government and was ambushed by aboriginal warrior women who then tortured him for weeks before he was able to escape by riding a tree trunk over a waterfall and hiking back to the US where he had to sneak into the country posing as a foreign diplomat, where he was mistakenly taken to the White House where he was asked to represent the government as an undercover agent at the ACE Hardware.....where he still works.
                  So you met VooDoo?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                      I used to know somebody like that, but he got sent off, by the CIA, to assassinate the head of a foreign government and was ambushed by aboriginal warrior women who then tortured him for weeks before he was able to escape by riding a tree trunk over a waterfall and hiking back to the US where he had to sneak into the country posing as a foreign diplomat, where he was mistakenly taken to the White House where he was asked to represent the government as an undercover agent at the ACE Hardware.....where he still works.
                      I'm thinking he may have been undercover at the Lowes in Livingston before being sent to Ace Hardware...because that story sounds reeeeeally familiar

Comment

I remember as a young child, my dad met an old fox Hunter one night out between Cleveland and Coldspring. As they talked, the gentleman asked dad "sir, do you lie?" Dad replied "no sir, I don't...its just not something that I do". The man looked at dad and said "well I'll tell you right now, I love to lie. I enjoy embellishing stories, it makes them much more interesting" hahaha...we wound up hunting fox and coyotes for years with that old man, and enjoyed listening to him tell his tales

Comment

Lying Dog

This reminded me of this story I've posted before.

Ralph the Talking Beagle

I was driving around the back woods of Arkansas, and saw a sign in front of a broken down shanty-style house: “Talking Beagle For Sale." I quickly turned around and went up and knocked on the door. An old man appeared and told me to "Go around back. Ralph is in the backyard".

I walked around the house, and saw a nice-looking beagle hound sitting there. Feeling rather foolish I said “You talk?”.

“Yep,” Ralph replied.

After I recovered from the shock of hearing a dog talk, I said “So, what’s your story?” Ralph looked up and said, “Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was just a young pup. I wanted to help the government, so I told the CIA and FBI".

"In no time at all they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in on meetings with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping.”

“I was one of their most valuable spies for eight years running."

"The jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn’t getting any younger, so I decided to settle down. I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security, wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some incredible drug dealings and terrorist plots. They awarded me a batch of medals."

"I've sired lots of show and field champion pups, won the AKC Nationals, ran a lot of rabbits and now I’m just retired.”

I was amazed. I returned to the owner and asked what he wanted for old Ralph.

“Ten dollars,” the old man replied.

“Ten dollars? That dog is amazing! Ralph told me all about his adventures traveling the world. Why are you selling him so cheap?"

He replied, “Because that lying s-o-b ain't never been out of the back yard."

Comment

I hate that every guy from Vietnam I meet was a sniper. I heard a guy telling the cashier at Gibson's in weatherford say he was a 2nd lt. Sniper in 101st ABN With over 200 kills. I just laughed it off as another woulda shoulda coulda.but i had to ask if he had ever heard of Carlos hathcock? He said qoute" name sounds familiar". Smh.

I will add that there was a guy I worked with but is dead now that would out do the best. That if it weren't for Connelly he would have been there for Reagan. He found 2 stainless 55 Chevy in the swamps of LA just changed the oil and gas and started right up. He played professional soccer in Italy and scored the winning goal in a high profile championship game. Had a picture of him and hank Jr sitting on hank sr Lap that he had misplaced. The biggest was he had made friends with a group of "skunk apes" and the cut each other's hands to make a blood oath to never tell of there relationship. He told anyone who would listen. RIP CUMBO
                            Last edited by DWA; 03-01-2018, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Pathological Liars

If anyone hasn't figured it out yet, I'm about 85% full of ****...I'll let y'all guess whether it's "about" on the high or low side.[emoji1360]

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                                If anyone hasn't figured it out yet, I'm about 85% full of ****...I'll let y'all guess whether it's "about" on the high or low side.[emoji1360]

I appreciate your honesty, Dale.

Comment

Working...
                                X