NRA asks ATF to review bumpstocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    They've been after AR's since the 80's.....we'll be ok. Yes, its stupid, pick your battles. Shift the focus to Mental Health.
    True, they have been. I just don't think we've ever had such spineless representatives "on our side". They pretty much fell over themselves to start this "we're open to banning bump stocks" thing. Funny how one side is always the one that "has to compromise".

The problem with the mental health thing is that they will link that to firearms. I don't want the government determining who is mentally fit to own a firearm. The leftist think that owning a firearm means your mentally unstable.

Comment

Nancy Pelosi has now said that "she hopes banning bump fire stocks will start the slippery slope on gun control".

That is their goal people. They don't care about bump fire stocks, they are just the conversation starter. They want your guns.

Comment

" The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". Bump stocks and silencers are not arms but add ons. My issue is if you give on these they will be more aggressive on arms. That's the slippery slope.

Comment

Yes, they want our guns. All guns. All accessories and magazines. Fortunately, that has proved to be more difficult than they expected. The easiest course of action is not to ban guns. It is to ban ammo and components. If they do that, they are 50% to where they want to be with one vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
            Told y'all it was coming.
            I bet you're grinnin like a little possum eatin ****. Congratulations for being part of the gun grabbing libs

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              I bet you're grinnin like a little possum eatin ****. Congratulations for being part of the gun grabbing libs
              I am against bump stocks.

Comment

Why? This was the only time they have been used. It very apparent you make decisions based on emotions. So does my wife.

Comment

Me too. That's why I have machine guns. Surely you don't have a problem with that.

Comment

I like you, so a serious question.....why?

Comment

Rino's are addicted to bloated bureaucracies.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                        He seems like a nice enough guy and he doesn't make me want to drop-kick the hell out of him but I have asked him pointed questions he either cannot or will not answer them. It's an emotional thing for him as with many people. He is free to dislike bump stocks and semi-austos and I support his freedoms to do so. I wish he would respectfully recognize his and our Constitutionally protected Rights of the Second Amendment. True, bump stocks are not Constitutionally protected but he wasn't advocating the abolition of bump stocks. He was supporting the abolition of all semi-automatic weapons.

I doubt if he would be so eager to have the Gubmint censor this forum or march into his home warrantless to rifle through his finances and Internet queries on a phishing expedition. Heck, during their rummaging, maybe they'll determine he owns too many guns and they need to confiscate a few. See, it's not all that fun when other Rights, more important Rights to you, get violated. Constitutional Rights do not have a numeric value. They are equal and should be equally protected because someday, your pet Right will be on the chopping block. But, you don't have anything to hide...right?

Comment

Is this just a small concession to quiet the masses? I don’t know. The one time I played with a bump fire I got the impression it was a neat toy. But maybe it’s worth fighting for?? People are already burning their NRA membership cards all over farcebook.

-------------------------------
                          Violence never settles anything
                          -Genghis Kahn

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            Because I think they can too easily be used to harm people and I don't see any benefit to society by allowing them. Sure, as the poster above me said "cool toy". I'm OK without the cool toys if it adds any safety to innocent people. I bet the victims don't much care about the cool toy.

Comment

It wasn't too long ago we had a federal ban on assault rifles. Everyone's life was fine then, we knew no different. Why now is it such a big deal?

Comment

Since we can't blame Obama or Pelosi anymore
                                Who will be the scapegoat?
                                NRA is falling on its on sword.

First it's bumpstocks
                                Next it will be suppressors
                                Then all semi autos
                                Then all bolt guns
                                They want to leave us with muskets and slingshots

Comment

Working...
                                X