How do you store your recurve or longbow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you store your recurve or longbow

I have gotten bitten with the trad bug and really look forward to shooting my new Samick every night. Do you take your strings off every night and take the bow apart, do you lean it on one limb, lay it flat or what? Haven't gotten a carry case, but even when I do, i was going to get a case that you have to take the bow down. Just a newbie with lots of questions.

The only time I unstring my trad bows is when I'm putting a new string on. They hang on the wall. Don't stand them on the limbs.Taking it apart and putting it away all the time might get old. But you might not shoot every day like we do.

Comment

I have a rack in my den that holds my bows hanging by the upper limb and the string. I keep the bows I shoot regularly strung. My self bows and those I am collecting are always unstrung - still on the rack . Never know when an elk might show up in the front yard.

Charlie

Comment

Tool box in my truck! The bows I shoot frequently are keep strung and on the wall hanging from the string, bows that I don't shoot everyday are unstrung and hung from the top loop flush with the wall. I don't know if this is the best idea but it's what I do

John

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
          The only time I unstring my trad bows is when I'm putting a new string on. They hang on the wall. Don't stand them on the limbs.Taking it apart and putting it away all the time might get old. But you might not shoot every day like we do.
          x2 The ones I shoot all the time are kept strung & hang from a set of antlers by the back door. The ones I keep in Tx get unstrung after each trip.

Comment

No need to unstring a recurve unless you just want to. I unstring my longbows when I'm done shooting. I have a bungie cord chain hanging from the ceiling, I hang mine by the string . I can hang 4 bows on it. I hang the unstrung ones like the people above.

Comment

I have two take down recurve bows and they are stored horizontally in a bow rack fully strung.

Comment

I have a rack and mine hang by limb and string.

Comment

I leave mine strung and hang them by the string. An european mount works good for this!

Comment

You might want to check out the D-I-Y for the PVC tube. Great for transportation and cheap

Comment

i have mine strung up hanging from shaft carbon shaft cut-offs glued into a 1x4 screwed to the wall

Comment

I unstring mine and put it in a bow sock (without taking it apart) every time I finish shooting. Just a habit. I have been doing it that way for years. Just about the only time I take mine apart is if I am going to travel on an airplane with it.

Bisch

Comment

Here is my storage
                          I don't know how to rotate the picture through tapatalk. The rack is mounted vertically.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Bowtechlady; 03-04-2011, 07:36 AM.

Comment

That looks good, Barb.

Comment

my dads are all unstrung unless he is shooting them, and they hang on the wall...

Comment

Working...
                              X