Robbery At Coopers BBQ in Junction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TxBobcat View Post
    La familia is decent. Issaks has got a good hamburger and breakfast. The Milky Way and paddlers porch are good as well.

And as mentioned, Lums is best BBQ around.
    La Familia is "okay" Tex-mex. We might go again. Never again will we go that other Tex Mex place on the north side of I10. Terrible velveeta queso, canned beans and Wolf brand chili.
    I didn't care for Lums but the guys thought it was decent. Milky Way is the best as far as sit down restaurants. We've been to Isaak's twice. First time was okay, Second time wasn't good at all. Haven't heard of Paddler's Porch.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
      La Familia is "okay" Tex-mex. We might go again. Never again will we go that other Tex Mex place on the north side of I10. Terrible velveeta queso, canned beans and Wolf brand chili.
      I didn't care for Lums but the guys thought it was decent. Milky Way is the best as far as sit down restaurants. We've been to Isaak's twice. First time was okay, Second time wasn't good at all. Haven't heard of Paddler's Porch.
      Paddlers is about a mile out of town on 377. Cool place to eat, get a beer and they have live music pretty often. They also rent tubes and kayaks as well as shuttle people down to the south llano river. City sweets was good the one time I ate there. I've been meaning to get to Roosevelt. Heard the cafe was dang good.

Comment

The Coopers in Mason is pretty darn good but I agree the Junction place is not worth the time or money .

Comment

Ain't but one or maybe two of them even owned by kin of old George anymore... He'd take a strop to 'em for ruining good meat that away... I heard the idiot in Ft. Worth even messed with the sauce..

I ate in New Braunfels Saturday and that Yankee that opened that one is doing good on the meat.. Ain't George's good but not bad..
          Last edited by Mike Javi Cooper; 01-30-2017, 12:12 PM.

Comment

I thought it was just me! Stopped there last Summer and was terribly disappointed!

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
              After a 3-day work weekend at our new lease in Sonora and living off sandwiches and oatmeal bars

The best food in the world comes from our deer lease !!! ribs, pulled pork, sausage...... you're doing it wrong man !!!

Comment

Had Coopers once in Llano.

That was the only and last time Ive been there.

Comment

Lum's and city sweet are the two best places in junction.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post

The best food in the world comes from our deer lease !!! ribs, pulled pork, sausage...... you're doing it wrong man !!!
                    Glad I wasn't the only one. I plan on being better prepared^^^^^ Couldn't fit the smoker on this trip, but next time it's going with us along with Ribeyes, Baker taters and all the fixings!

Comment

Well crap....The new Coopers in Christoval is said to be a spinoff of the Junction Coopers..

Comment

LOL. I agree. We eat good at the lease!

Comment

That one isnt the same affiliated with the ones in Llano, Ft Worth, Mason, New Branfuls.

Comment

Agreed....we eat **** good and I'm a big advocate of the big meals at our place, but it is nice every now and then to let somebody else do all the cooking and cleaning for a meal on a 3-4 day weekend. Whether it be a breakfast, lunch or dinner, its a nice break. Especially if we have to run into town for corn or repair parts/materials.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                              That Junction Coopers isn't affiliated with the one in Llano and, yeah, it's pretty terrible.
                              Glad to know this, and thanks for saving us a trip next time we're out at K-ville. We have been driving an hour to Llano to get the real deal for years and thought about changing to Junction last trip out.

Comment

Junction one is a tourist trap. Terrible food.

Comment

Working...
                                X