Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get an owl out of your chimney ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use a Tootsie Pop to bait him out[emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
      Use a Tootsie Pop to bait him out[emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
      I hadn’t thought of that. Sounds like a plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
        Might want to contact your local game warden, TPWD and Federal laws are pretty strict on Owls, I'd hate to get crossways with Mr. Greenjeans over an Owl.

Protected Birds
        Hawks, owls, falcons, eagles, and all other nongame raptors, birds and songbirds (except for the unprotected birds listed in the Non-Protected and/or Exotic Species section) are protected by various state and federal laws and may not be killed, taken from the nest, picked up, or possessed for any reason, and their feathers may not be possessed or sold. Arts and crafts may not include these protected species under any circumstances. A federal depredation permit may be issued to individuals who have evidence clearly showing certain protected wildlife is causing serious damage to commercial agricultural, horticultural, or aquacultural interests, or presents a threat to public safety. For more information, visit the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service website.

If you call the Game Warden you may end up having that Owl as a permanent residence.

Smoke it out

Comment

Send Owl a smoke signal!!!!!

Comment

Start a fire, he leaves or he don't. You didn't know what kind of critter was in there. In other words sss. Believe me rescuing critters can get costly. A neighbors cat spend a week in my tree, by the end of the story, it cost me 1200.00 ( 2000.00 total) to have that f#%^ ing thing rescued. Believe you me next time, nothing but sss. Lesson learned.

Comment

I caught an Owl with a Spro popping frog on Lake Fork once. Get a frog and dangle it from the top. Once the Owl latches onto the frog , reel him to the top. You can figure out what to do with it after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                This makes me think of the squirrel on national lampoons Christmas vacation.
                exactly what i was thinking

Comment

Get him a new library card, said the wise old book Owl.....

Rescued one hit by a car. Knocked out but still breathing, when he came to you could tell he was still out of it. Couple weeks of rest on the back porch good as new. Fed him raw hamburger meat with raw egg. He hung around the the back yard off and on for several months after release.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                    Start a fire, he leaves or he don't. You didn't know what kind of critter was in there. In other words sss. Believe me rescuing critters can get costly. A neighbors cat spend a week in my tree, by the end of the story, it cost me 1200.00 ( 2000.00 total) to have that f#%^ ing thing rescued. Believe you me next time, nothing but sss. Lesson learned.
                    Out of curiosity why did it cost you and not the neighbor?

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                      You ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree?

Comment

Tie a 1" rope around your grandsons ankle and lower him down the chimney head first. When he gets down to the owl tell him to grab it and then pull him up. Piece of cake man !!

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                          I'm wondering the same

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                            Cat was in the tree 7 days, a differant neighbor ( every body in the neighbor hood could watch him up there) had been watching him, and called the news, a tree trimmer ( actually three differant ones had tried ) and fire dept. They could not get it down, so they had thier ladder truck come and rescue it. Well they parked in my drive way and cracked the crap out of the cement. They " not being liable for it" we're not going to pay for it. But after talking to them a while I got them to agree to pay for almost half. Neighbor didn't pay a dime to get that f#% ing thing down. I posted a video on here of the " rescue". And the mayhem at my house. Sucked ,never again, cat will just disappear next time.

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
                              You ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree?
                              No, and I would have loved if this would have been the first. I kept telling them it would come down, fire dept. told them the same originally, they would sit in my back yard crying, trying to get it to come down until mid night most nights. But after 7 days all the neighbors freaked out that it was going to die up there, called the news, they got the fire dept. to come out. And it was a s%%t show after that. They were at my house until like 1:00 in the morning still filming.

Comment

So is the owl still in the chimney?

Comment

Working...
                                X