LLWS Gulf Shores Alabama?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LLWS Gulf Shores Alabama?

Our 9u team is scheduled to go to Gulf Shores Alabama end of June for a tournament. 1st time experience for us. Where do I need to stay? What do I need to know? So far I've heard nothin but good things about the town and tournament, but don't want to book a place and find out I'm an 1hr from the fields.

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
    Our 9u team is scheduled to go to Gulf Shores Alabama end of June for a tournament. 1st time experience for us. Where do I need to stay? What do I need to know? So far I've heard nothin but good things about the town and tournament, but don't want to book a place and find out I'm an 1hr from the fields.
    send a PM to Johnny as he will give you the skinny

Comment

If you stay there in Gulf Shores or Orange Beach either one you'll be close to the fields. We made that trip 5yrs ago when my oldest was 12 and had a great time....went 7-0 to win it. We liked how the schedule allowed for beach time and wasn't all baseball everyday...I'm sure some of that had to do with staying in the winners bracket side though. We found a nice condo on the beach through VRBO so might check there for lodging. Good luck.

Comment

Someone posted a thread about GS the other day. 2 members have access to condos for rent.

We're going in july,had I known about the others we would have checked those out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

We will be taking our 13U team the 3rd week of July. This will be our 1st time going for baseball. We are staying at the Winward Condos closer towards Pensacola. Sorry for the lack of advice about the baseball side of things (that will be new to us as well) but I always enjoy fishing the beach front at 1st light each day. That is where I hooked my 1st and only tarpon ever.

Comment

We have two condos in Phoenix V that we rent. Send me a PM with the dates you will be there and I can check the availability. Both are three bedroom.

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
              We will be playing in the 9u on June 27- July 1. Katy 12. What team are you guys with? We played there 2 years ago and stayed in Perdido Key. Only down side to GS is all dirt fields.

Comment

My son plays on a10u team and we will be there June 24-July 1. We like staying on the west end of the island. It's a little less crowded on the beach. My son am I are planning on doing some surf and bay fishing while there as our condo is just across the street from the beach and the lagoon is directly behind us.

It is a great tournament. The last time we were there we played in Foley and the fields were great. No all dirt infields, but I'm
                Sure there are some that are.

Meyer realty is a good group to assist with housing. I tried to use vrbo but didn't find anything That suited our needs.

There are some cool local restaurants like Docs, the Hangout, and Lulus.

Maybe we need to have a tbh Meet up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by timoub007 View Post
                  We have two condos in Phoenix V that we rent. Send me a PM with the dates you will be there and I can check the availability. Both are three bedroom.

Tim
                  Pm sent

Originally posted by TexasAg2002 View Post
                  We will be playing in the 9u on June 27- July 1. Katy 12. What team are you guys with? We played there 2 years ago and stayed in Perdido Key. Only down side to GS is all dirt fields.

Funny. We're with the 12 also, silver. I assume your with Coach Mike K.
                  Last edited by Stuck; 01-30-2017, 05:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                    My son plays on a10u team and we will be there June 24-July 1. We like staying on the west end of the island. It's a little less crowded on the beach. My son am I are planning on doing some surf and bay fishing while there as our condo is just across the street from the beach and the lagoon is directly behind us.

It is a great tournament. The last time we were there we played in Foley and the fields were great. No all dirt infields, but I'm
                    Sure there are some that are.

Meyer realty is a good group to assist with housing. I tried to use vrbo but didn't find anything That suited our needs.

There are some cool local restaurants like Docs, the Hangout, and Lulus.

Maybe we need to have a tbh Meet up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll look up Meyer realty. Looks like a gtg maybe in order.

Comment

My sons 11U team is going. 7/12-7/15. Any recommendations for hotels on the beach?

Comment

I just booked at Gulf Shores for the week before Fathers Day in June and after researching the best bang for your buck I could find was called Crystal Towers. The building itself is across the street from the beach, but it has an elevated enclosed walkway built over the street leading to a nice pool area on the beach side of the road with boardwalk to the beach. It also has fishing docks behind it on the bay side.

Comment

we went last year with my sons 8u team, we stayed at the gulf shores surf and raquetball club, i booked through VRBO. the hotel was nice enough, great pool, and didnt break the bank, $180-200 a night a think. its across the street from the beach but they have a "deeded" area for the hotel so it wasnt busy. there are fishing docks on the bay side as well but we didnt have time to fish.

the fields we played on were about 30m north of the beach and werent very nice IMO< not as nice as i was expecting any way. zero shade and red clay that gets on everything.

good luck

Comment

We went three different times to Gulf Shores to play in that tourney. We stayed in the Phoenix VII, and Phoenix VIII twice. They are pretty nice codos. You will like the tourney it is a good one. We stayed each time for at least 7 nights, We went a couple of days early so the kids could have some beach time before the tourney started. We also practiced over by the fields in Orange Beach.

Comment

Isn't the LLWS for the 12 year olds?

Comment

Working...
                              X