F150 Start/Stop Technology?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F150 Start/Stop Technology?

Can any newer F150 owners comment on this tech?

It’s standard on all 2018 F150s, correct? Does it save a noticeable amount of fuel? Can it be disabled?

My inlaws have one of the first start/stop offerings from Chevy: a 2009 Malibu hybrid. They have enjoyed the car and never minded the start/stop feature. No major issues yet at 120k miles. The only thing I dislike is the A/C compressor doesn’t run while the motor is stopped. Fan still blows, but no A/C. Are the new F150s the same?

I did not like it it can be disabled

Comment

If you want to disable it all you have to do is plug in a trailer adapter and it will think you have a trailer on. This will disable it.

Comment

All the 2018 f150s have it. It works the same as you described. I was told by a salesman that if the AC senses that it needs to be running (IE, hot day on full blast) then the truck isn't supposed to shut off, but I didn't buy one so I don't know if that's true. There's a button on the dash you can hit each time you start the truck or other ways to disable it if you want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
          If you want to disable it all you have to do is plug in a trailer adapter and it will think you have a trailer on. This will disable it.
          Good to know " I have when the wife's CTS does the SS thing "

Comment

Had that "feature" on a couple of Avis rental cars.

Hated it. In Houston, stop-and-go driving, took me a while to figure out how to disable it.

Comment

My brother just bought one, he hates the shut off feature. I rode with him one day last week and it did it in Houston traffic. Scared us both multiple times. We have spent too much time driving old vehicles to not get a jolt of adrenalin when it turns off. Tough being poor most of your life. ( obviously he still isnt )

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
                he still isnt

Huh?

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
                  Huh?
                  Should have been "he isnt still" . Meaning he isnt still poor, considering the fact that he has a brand new truck.

Comment

Lol I knew what you meant

Comment

Hate it! I just hit the button to turn it off everytime I start my truck. I think I'm going to put a tuner on it so I can permanently disable it.

Comment

That would be an annoying feature.

Comment

This feature is everywhere in Europe. Most all cabs have it and the wife's (German made) car now has it. I don't like it either...but at least you can disable it.

Comment

I have a 2016 2.7L EcoBoost 4x4 F150. I don't mind it except in stop and go traffic, so I usually turn it off when I think about it when I'm commuting. It bothers passengers more than it bothers me around town. I agree on the AC thing, it's mildly annoying but I can push the button to disable it whenever.

Comment

It's an Obama button

Comment

Working...
                              X