X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are on the McCullough county and Menard county line on 190
    And have a pretty strong herd of axis.

Comment

Terrible hunt this am for the 4 of us that are out here.
      I saw 3 does on the move, and 2 bucks 400 yds off, also on the move.
      Skunked last night as well.

Great pics on cam, but mostly at night.

Comment

Same happened to me yesterday morning and the morning before. Just saw a couple deer on the move. Nothing stopping at the feed pen. Back at home now. Hopefully the few days of rest will let them calm down a bit. We will be back up there Wednesday night

Comment

Slow morning here,5 does came through earlier with a spike in tow. Then a baby 8 pushed a doe through.

My wife had two racked bucks chase does all over her area earlier then it went blank, now has a spike and a six feeding lazily.

So I guess they are somewhat moving over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ours have gone noctournal
            Seeing does and culls during the day.
            Big stuff is on cams at night
            Every cam

Comment

Originally posted by The Manager View Post
              We are on the McCullough county and Menard county line on 190
              And have a pretty strong herd of axis.
              We are real close

Comment

Just got back from a 5 day hunt with my son on our new lease. We saw deer every sit. Lots of young bucks and some up and comers. Saw more buck cruising than at the feeder. Does we’re sour and about only came to the pen twice.

Saw bucks chasing nearly every sit. Mostly younger and intermediate bucks- but activity is definitely increasing.

Good luck to those heading out this weekend. Wish I could be back for another 5 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any updates on Rut activity? See young bucks give chase, but not full blown. Is it still a couple weeks off?

Comment

Had some guys at our place this weekend. They said hard hunting. Not much coming to feeders. Lots of acorns. Young bucks are out chasing and the big boys come out at night. Lots of good stuff on camera....all at night.

Comment

Anybody going up this weekend?

Comment

The deer are hammering our wheat field, I saw 50-80 deer each sit with some mature bucks mixed in. Feeder activity is so so, mostly young bucks but still getting larger bucks cruising through. Hand corning is working well with about a dozen deer showing up. The bucks are still chasing but only some does are acting receptive. It would be nice if we got a good freeze, the mesquites still have their leaves but some have turned yellow. They have built about 10 wind turbines up by Melvin, I hope they don't make it any further south.

Comment

What do y'all see as far as no brow or single brow deer?

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                            What do y'all see as far as no brow or single brow deer?

We’ve got several no brow 4’s and 6’s running around in the 2.5-3.5 age group.

Only thing coming to feeders at spikes and 3 points during the day.

Comment

Heading up to the lease in a few hours.
                              Its going to be a cold morning tomorrow. LOL

Comment

Not the biggest buck on our place, but my son was happy.
                                Deer in our wheat field were as thick as fleas on a dog (or ticks on a deer). LMAO
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X