Project: Rolling Thunder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
    Instead of metal cutting blades, you can use an old wood blade put on with the teeth backwards for tin. You might want some earplugs, but it works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've actually tried that before, but results were not very good and left some really jagged edges. Plus, I was in a quiet neighborhood next to an elementary school at that time, so I had to opt for something quieter. Noise wouldn't matter now, the closest neighbor is 1/2 mile away

Comment

These baby's are the best if you have a friend that owns a pair.

Electric shears!

Comment

This is awesome. The finish product will be BA im sure. Keep pics posted!

Comment

Best thing for tin is a good carbide tipped wood blade in normal direction.

I built my whole 40x60 shop on a single blade and it cuts fast

Comment

I
            I've been doing some serious work here with no updates, sorry guys. The blind is pretty close to done...as hunting season is winding down. Lol. I've got all the tin screwed on, carpet layer inside, plus a few other amenities that my life easier. I used some old garden lattice for some window covers. They are on an old cabinet hinge, so they can flip up and down with ease.

I put in some little shelves and screwed in some hooks to hang stuff with too.

Is there anything else I'm missing that you guys can think of? I'm ready to be done here, but I can always add something easily...since it'll be awhile still before I hunt out of it

Comment

Drill a hole in the floor, run a plastic pipe out of it, caulk or glue a funnel in the top, voila !,a urinal. You can bury the pipe in the ground or not.

Comment

It's out of the barn!!! It's literally been in the same place for over 1.5 yrs. the weather is cooling off, plus I've had a deer hunting itch, so I decided to hook it up and pull it out for some evening photos. I'll post more when it's all set up overlooking a food plot.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Great name

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks great, you can never have enough hooks for stuff.

Comment

Cool blind!

Can you back that trailer? I pulled ammonia tanks around a good bit in high school and never could back one more tha several feet.

Comment

Cool looking blind, can you shoot a bow out of those windows?

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                            Cool blind!

Can you back that trailer? I pulled ammonia tanks around a good bit in high school and never could back one more tha several feet.

It's doable. It helps to have something small like a SxS to move it around with that'll turn quickly and provide good visibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntinonly View Post
                              Cool looking blind, can you shoot a bow out of those windows?

It's doable. There's certainly enough room inside to maneuver around into the right position.

Comment

pretty sweet!. I like that octagon design.

Comment

Working...
                                X