No announcement yet.

What cigar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From my understanding they can be "rehabbed" as long af there's no beetles.
    Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
    I don’t know a thing about cigars. Can a cigar that has not been kept in a humidor be “rehabbed” or is it ruined?
    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Whiskey and cigar. It was ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just went to CI grand opening in The Colony TX, over 500 people waiting in the rain. Nice place. Biggest walk in humidor I have ever been in. Nice bar too.

Comment

Where exactly is the new CI store?

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
            Anybody familiar with CroMagnon? Got home last night and my wife gave me a bday surprise of a big sampler bag of cigs with just about every cigar in this line along with some old standbys (also some top shelf Four Roses[emoji6])
            I’m sure enjoying this. Nicaraguan apparently. I had never heard of them but the rep was in store at some new cigar shop out in Fairfield and sold her on these.

I heard that shop in Fairfield is pretty awesome.. I’ve been going to lone star off of Louetta here lately.

Comment

Bought a 5er of Drew Estate Herrera Esteli Norteno and elcigarship.com threw in a Esteban Carrera Mr Brownstone single as a kicker!
              Love those Nortenos! No idea about the Mr Brownstones as I’ve never heard of them
              Tapatalk won’t allow me to post pics at the moment or I would.

Comment

Originally posted by Twztid View Post
                Well I smoked ciggs for ten years or just short of. I have not smoked in 8months besides the occasional black n mild( my buddy always smokes them )...always wanted to get into cigars but being on the outside of a non cigar smokers they smell like ***! They flat out right stink and I cannot stand the smell! So I guess I'm SOL? Or only the cheapy ones stink? Or what recommendations do you sr. Guys recommend
                Yeah, a cheap cigar will smell like your grandmothers's outhouse visit. A GOOD cigar will have a nice crisp, yet subtle scent sent that will draw in the cigar smoker. If you have a few bucks to spend, I would suggest an Ashton VSG to get you into flavor profiles. You will not pick up all of the flavor profiles the start, but this is an awesome cigar for anyone to enjoy. Just remember to enjoy the flavor in your mouth, not your lungs.

Ashton cigars are a bit pricey ($10 or so), but you can find a good cigar in other brands for cheaper once you know what you like. My favorite non occasion smoker is Brickhouse Churchill that sell for $3 a stick last time I bought them.
                Last edited by Thirstyswimmer; 10-03-2018, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Anyone have a few sticks for sale? I’m still trying to learn what I like and don’t cigar shops can be overwhelming sometimes.

Comment

Anyone have a few sticks for sale? I’m still trying to learn what I like and don’t cigar shops can be overwhelming sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummi Bear View Post
                      Where exactly is the new CI store?

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau
                      Right near the Nebraska Furniture Mart. I went that same day, but later. My son has a party out that way and I "stepped" out for a minute.

They had plenty of help. For as big as the humidor was, they did not have the best selection. For example, no Fuente Rosados or Magnums. They did have some Opus X. They had some Padilla's but not their higher end stogies. I feel like they carry a lot of the mid to lower end cigars from the mid to lower end makers.

The prices were not that great and I had to ask for the box price on a mix and match of 20 NUB cafe that I was getting for a friend. Box pricing is pretty standard at EVERY cigar shop even if you mix and match.

I did pick up a NUB sampler of 35 cigars for $130 or so. Not worth the drive for me, as I live in Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                        Try the Oliva G or O series, as a general rule, light colored cigars will have a lighter flavor. Take your time with the cigar. A puff a minute should be okay. Any quicker and the cigar will get hot and lose the flavor. When starting out, don't take too long of a draw.

Light the cigar with a butane torch, but don't take a puff when lighting it. At least not until you have "toasted" the head, and rotate the cigar to get an even burn. After your first puff, blow the cherry and see that the cigar is getting an even burn. I notice a negative flavor when lighting a cigar with a bic lighter.

I like a good dark liquor or a soda. A cigar with coffee in the morning might be the best combo there is, you can't rush it. Kinda helps cleanse the pallet between puffs. An hour or so is how long it might take me to smoke a stogie.

All this is just personal preference.

A friend of mine might be putting together a cigar "herf" here in central Dallas, (not really sure what that means,) but bunch of guys get together and smoke, supposed to have food booze. He runs a bar, and it might make a good TBH get-together. I'll post up when it comes around.

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
                          Try the Oliva G or O series, as a general rule, light colored cigars will have a lighter flavor. Take your time with the cigar. A puff a minute should be okay. Any quicker and the cigar will get hot and lose the flavor. When starting out, don't take too long of a draw.

Light the cigar with a butane torch, but don't take a puff when lighting it. At least not until you have "toasted" the head, and rotate the cigar to get an even burn. After your first puff, blow the cherry and see that the cigar is getting an even burn. I notice a negative flavor when lighting a cigar with a bic lighter.

I like a good dark liquor or a soda. A cigar with coffee in the morning might be the best combo there is, you can't rush it. Kinda helps cleanse the pallet between puffs. An hour or so is how long it might take me to smoke a stogie.

All this is just personal preference.

A friend of mine might be putting together a cigar "herf" here in central Dallas, (not really sure what that means,) but bunch of guys get together and smoke, supposed to have food booze. He runs a bar, and it might make a good TBH get-together. I'll post up when it comes around.
                          Thanks for the tips. I’ve been smoking a while now just wanting to try some of what y’all like.

Anyone have a good stick recommendation for under 5$

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                            Thanks for the tips. I’ve been smoking a while now just wanting to try some of what y’all like.

Anyone have a good stick recommendation for under 5$
                            Padron Delicias hard to find.
                            Oliva G Maduro Special, this is my go-to short smoke, lots of flavor, but a 30-40 minute smoke. Very short. No need to age these guys...Much like the Fuente Short Story.
                            Fuente has a green label en Cedro, but I can't remember the name.

Comment

Fellas,

I know nothing about Cigars. But my Boss loves smoking them. He is a tight wad so I don’t think he is smoking the good stuff. I just bought a Cigar cutter from Stic, and was wondering what’s the best mid grade cigars to get him ? He lives drinking his Crown Royal so anything that will go with that. I was also thinking about getting him a humidifier as well. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I like to smoke them as well. But I get the cheap ones as well.

Comment

Cigar recommendations

Fellas,

I know nothing about Cigars. But my Boss loves smoking them. He is a tight wad so I don’t think he is smoking the good stuff. I just bought a Cigar cutter from Stic, and was wondering what’s the best mid grade cigars to get him ? He lives drinking his Crown Royal so anything that will go with that. I was also thinking about getting him a humidifier as well. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I like to smoke them as well. But I get the cheap ones as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X