Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emotional support animals.

Anyone ever get bit by one?
    Ya know, a properly trained dog for the blind or the ones for soldiers with PTSD are very beneficial.
    I’m talking about the ones that the owners buy a vest for Fido from amazon and automatically call them a service dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of our employee's has an English bulldog as a "support" dog. Worst acting dog in the world, brings it everyday. It bit a fellow employee, he had to take a leave of absence as part of punishment. Ended up building him a completely different office so the dog is not around people.

Also, a buddy registered his duck hunting dog as one so he can take them into hotels for duck hunts. Sorrrrryyyyy

Comment

I ran into a mini Aussie at a store here in Angelo. Dog looked like he was fixing to light me up.... and barking. Owner said don’t look at his dog that what makes him riled up.

Buddy got bit by a Rottweiler in tractor supply. Left a big hole in his pants lmao.

Comment

It is getting out of hand. I was hanging down on the river at Texas State with my kids and this old hippy had his dog down there, off leash, in a no dog area. Campus staff asked him to leave so he threw the vest on the dog and claimed emotional support. It was total BS but the Staff couldn't do a thing about it. As soon as they left the leash came off and the little butt sniffer started roaming again.

Comment

What does it take for a dog to become a "support dog" or a "service dog" officially? Surely it cant be as simple as filling out a form and sending it to someone. I hope not. Legitimate service dogs perform a valuable task for those in need. Folks that take advantage of that are just wrong.

Comment

It can be as simple as going online and finding some quack to diagnose you as "depressed." Get a certificate and boom "service animal." Real service dogs go through lots of training to perform their duties. Some snowflake's disobedient mutt should not be given equal treatment.
            Last edited by jdg13; 08-10-2018, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
              What does it take for a dog to become a "support dog" or a "service dog" officially? Surely it cant be as simple as filling out a form and sending it to someone. I hope not. Legitimate service dogs perform a valuable task for those in need. Folks that take advantage of that are just wrong.

Simple as buying the stuff on amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My uncle was blinded at age eight. I remember his "seeing eye dog" well. It was a German Shepard imported from.....Germany. He was a vicious bastage. As a little kid I was afraid of him. Uncle Jack used to slip the handle of his harness under the leg of his bed. I remember going in the back door to see my Granny and that dog lunging and moving the bed (with Uncle Jack on it) six inches at a lunge. He was NOT well behaved when in protection mode !

Comment

You might be on to something. I would have never thought that I could benefit from an emotional support animal...... But if I had one that would bite whoever made me mad or made me cry, it would help my emotions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jtrage View Post
                    You might be on to something. I would have never thought that I could benefit from an emotional support animal...... But if I had one that would bite whoever made me mad or made me cry, it would help my emotions.
                    Ha that’s funny haven’t thought about it like that!

Comment

another reason many do it is that a apartment complex cannot tell you no dogs and no fee for said " support dog" My GF daughter had one I laughed my arse off .. The dog was the worst tore up the couch wall trim ****** on everything .

Comment

A dog that bites me for no reason is gonna need some support of its own

Comment

what if its the dog thats depressed and needs constant companionship... would you have to wear the vest?

Comment

People can claim what ever they want, emotional support animals are NOT covered by ADA rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
                              My buddy, sent a copy of his dogs AKC papers and paid $10. They sent him a card with the picture of the dog staring what he was. Apparently it is official as it gets, nobody has ever questioned him. I assume in fear of getting sued. Well trained duck dog, just freaks out if he sees other dogs lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X