trump, kim jong meeting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
    Thanks for the link, I was honestly not aware of how awful the conditions in NK have been. Seems like there is a lot of room for improvement though, right?

The great famine is known in North Korea by the officially mandated phrase konanŭi haenggun (The Arduous March). It was a central event in the country's history, and it forced the regime and its people to change in fundamental and unanticipated ways.[5]

Only about 20% of North Korea's mountainous terrain is arable land. Much of the land is only frost-free for six months, allowing only one crop per year. The country has never been self-sufficient in food, and many experts considered it unrealistic to try to be.

Seems like that if NK does not engage in some sort of trade, its people are going to starve to death, again. Call me crazy, but I am cautiously optimistic here.
    Optimism is good, but NKs history of dealings makes me very skeptical. For sure, Trump should receive his due credit for the latest prisoner release, and I’d consider this whole ordeal a win if nothing further happens. If they go further, I hope Trump does come to legitimate agreement that disarms North Korea, ends the war, and they honor it for more than a few years. I’m just skeptical that Kim Jong Un is selfless enough to do so, especially given his brutal history. I guess only time will tell.

It doesn’t help that China does not want us becoming friends with NK, because that country is a buffer for them from a significant American military presence. And unfortunately they exert incredible economic influence over NK, such that if they cut off trade with NK, the whole country would starve.

If you get a chance, read “A River in Darkness”, by a North Korean who escaped during the famine (Masaji Ishikawa) it’s mind blowing what goes on there.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
      I’m just skeptical that Kim Jong Un is selfless enough to do so, especially given his brutal history.
      I out kicked my coverage some time ago on NK.

But I understand that Un, has been in power since around 2011-12. And that while he has been brutal, in the perspective of NK, he hasnt been as bad as the other dictators before him.

I agree on China. But the US also owes them a little of a Trillion dollars at the moment. And I understand that if you are going to go into debt with a lender, it is often better to owe them a colossal amount of money versus a little bit of money. Seeing that the lender is going to do what it can to get its colossal loan back.

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
      For sure, Trump should receive his due credit for the latest prisoner release, and I’d consider this whole ordeal a win if nothing further happens.
      This really doesnt move the needle much for me. But it did remind me of the UVA kid Otto, that was sent back in a coma, then died. Trump made a pretty big deal about him, even invited his parents to his SOTU, and they attended the Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
        I out kicked my coverage some time ago on NK.

But I understand that Un, has been in power since around 2011-12. And that while he has been brutal, in the perspective of NK, he hasnt been as bad as the other dictators before him.
        I’d say yes that’s true, but only becauss the first few dictators in a communist country are always the most brutal because they have to literally break their people, so that they can re-shape them in their desired image. Once a few brainwashed and broken generations have come and gone, it gets easier to control people. Regardless, he still fully utilizies their concentration camps, executes people with anti-aircraft guns, and very early on purged any family/friends/government officials that he didn’t like. Hell, he had his own brother assassinated.

Comment

PYONGYANG, North Korea (AP) — With just weeks to go before President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un are expected to hold their first-ever summit, Pyongyang on Sunday criticized what it called "misleading" claims that Trump's policy of maximum political pressure and sanctions are wh

Little Kim doing a little flexing and trying to save face before meeting....as expected. More to come i'm sure.

Comment

mmmhmmmm.....

Comment

history has been created

Comment

Originally posted by equyst View Post
                history has been created
                Systemnt approves

Comment

Originally posted by equyst View Post
                  history has been created
                  You misspelled repeated

Comment

3 American detainees freed from North Korea, 'seem to be in good health,' Trump tweets

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                      3 American detainees freed from North Korea, 'seem to be in good health,' Trump tweets
                      Excellent news!

I'm waiting with great anticipation to hear all the talking heads spin this into a negative

Comment

South Korea hailed the release of the three U.S. prisoners as a development that would have a "positive effect" on the upcoming summit between Kim and Trump – and also called for the release of six South Korean prisoners to "reinforce reconciliation" efforts.

And a few S Koreans.

If he is flexing, he too fat for anybody to notice
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                          Excellent news!

I'm waiting with great anticipation to hear all the talking heads spin this into a negative
                          Yes it is great news they are coming home.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                            CNN: Trump kidnaps 3 Koreans ahead of talks with Kim Jon Un.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              CNN: Trump kidnaps 3 Koreans ahead of talks with Kim Jon Un.
                              lol

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X