X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weikel's IS the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
      Dad gum!! Sorry for starting a pastry war...we will just get an Egg McMufin and skip West altogether! I never thought that simple question would lead to all of this. LOL
      Jason
      Punches may have been thrown, glass shattered, tables & chairs overturned, riots started, looting and plundering, packets of ketchup and hot sauce smashed. Some cats may have been shaved as well.

Comment

Kolache Factory's Texas Hots & Rancheros will blow your mind. Best ever. If it don't have meat and jalapeno, I'd rather just have coffee.

Weikel's has some **** good bread though. I always stop for a loaf of wheat & white - best toast you'll ever make.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebow88 View Post
          The West Kolache thread prompted me to dig up this article.
          As a Czech it covers a sore spot for most of us.
          As for the best Kolaches? My grandma is long gone, the best I have found are at Weikels in LaGrange. Don't remember which place I tried in West, but they were GARBAGE,,,,

http://buzzworthy.blog.austin360.com...s-as-kolaches/
          Agree with the name deal... it's a pet peeve of mine.

That said... you reject your idea of them being garbage... you didn't even mention WHICH place in west... there are several and they are not equal... the one right on the highway is the least good, but if your thier EARLY and get then fresh they are quite good... my issue is they leave them out to long snd they get dry

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiebow88 View Post
            The West Kolache thread prompted me to dig up this article.
            As a Czech it covers a sore spot for most of us.
            As for the best Kolaches? My grandma is long gone, the best I have found are at Weikels in LaGrange. Don't remember which place I tried in West, but they were GARBAGE,,,,

http://buzzworthy.blog.austin360.com...s-as-kolaches/
            So you're saying that the boudain kolaches that I eat in southeast Texas are not authentic Czech?

Well.....

We all know of Tex-Mex. I guess what we call kolaches is Tex-Czech.

Comment

Originally posted by PoohDaddy View Post
              I like the Kolaches from Greens Sausage house in Zabcikville,Tx outside of temple!
              Soooooooo good

Comment

I once said on here how much I liked sausage kolache... was quickly corrected by a feller that I was insulting his ancestors... the name was klobasnek. Kolaches are fruity.

Heck, I just liked it is all.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                  So you're saying that the boudain kolaches that I eat in southeast Texas are not authentic Czech?

Well.....

We all know of Tex-Mex. I guess what we call kolaches is Tex-Czech.
                  Still wrong. It would be Czexican. Just ask Simek.

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
                    I once said on here how much I liked sausage kolache... was quickly corrected by a feller that I was insulting his ancestors... the name was klobasnek. Kolaches are fruity.

Heck, I just liked it is all.

That dude takes fruity bread way too seriously

Comment

The Chinese lady at USA doughnuts calls the boudin sausage pastry a kolache. Do you know how much of a wrench it would throw in my morning to ask for a boudin filled pastry?

Comment

Originally posted by CB_TxNole View Post
                        Boy, now I'm just thinking about the sauerkraut and sausage from Hruskas
                        Your not kidding, those are my favorite ones from there. Heck my family grew up in Ellinger and folks still live there and sister even works at Hruskas. My last name is Slovacek so I understand the kolache thing.

Comment

The best were made by my grandma , Mary Knezek in Sweet Home , Texas

Comment

So what makes a kolache different from a pastry??? Anyone know????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by topher5999 View Post
                              So what makes a kolache different from a pastry??? Anyone know????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made by a Cech

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

MY Grandmas where the best and my wife carries on the tradition

Comment

Working...
                                X