What motorcycle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
    I had'nt considered the Thunderbird. I don't know much about the Triumph's.
    I'm a big fan of Triumph. Always wanted a Triumph Tiger for some strange reason. Ugly as sin but tons of power and looks like a tank for a road bike. Not in your price range so didn't bring it up.

Comment

I’d try any HD that’s not a sporty over Victory. Not there is anything wrong with Victory, but my concern would be lack of dealer and parts.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
        Used Yamaha Road Star or Stratoliner. They're bullet proof and tons of torque.
        I had a 07 roadstar and it was a great bike

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

VStrom 1000

Comment

Fjr 1300

Comment

Do they still make Victory motorcycles? They are nice bikes, but so are Honda's and Yamaha's. I owned a 2006 Yamaha Road Star 1700 and had 97,000 miles on it when I sold it. It ran just as good at 97,000 miles as it did when I bought it new. Never needed anything but a battery in all that time. I have friends that own the Honda 1800 and the Victory 8 Ball. Both are good bikes. I would lean towards Honda and Yamaha over the Victory though. It's easier to get parts for them. My Road Star hurt a lot of my Harley buddies feelings when they couldn't keep up with me

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have never owned more then a dirt bike, but have friends that ride and on just what I hear from them complaining about

Check the maintenance cost on the VTX 1800. Had a friend that had one and it was always in the shop being worked on and cost him money all the time.
                  I looked at the 8-ball myself when I wanted a bike. I liked the look of them.

Comment

I own a Roadstar and have been very happy with it but to be honest if you can get a full size Harley for close to your budget I'd probably go that direction. All of the bikes mentioned here are good but that Harley will hold it's value longer.

Comment

I would buy a Suzuki Vstrom 1000 adventure bike, or something like a sport touring bike. But that is because I hate cruisers LOL. Suzuki Vstrom's, Yamaha FJR's, Honda ST1300's, etc., are very comfortable and will have much more performance (handling and power) than equal sized cruisers. I have owned a lot of bikes in the 36 years I have been riding and other than dirtbikes, dual sports and adventure bikes have become my favorite.

Comment

BMW R1200GS with TKC 80s

Comment

Originally posted by shunter14 View Post
                          I'd go victory. If you can't find a Harley lol
                          I say Harley or save more money for a Harley

Comment

Get anything but a Harley

Why pay more just for a name? Especially, if the alternatives are less problematic.

Comment

Yamaha Vstar 1100
                              but get Fuel injection
                              I had Carb
                              did not ride enough
                              problems
                              but that would be with any bike
                              I got it to learn
                              why lay down a 20k bike to learn ?

Comment

Victory is no mas. Article says 10 years of service from Polaris

Powersports giant delivers a death-blow to its Victory Motorcycles brand to focus on Indian Motorcycle and Slingshot.

A buddy went from a Vegas 8 Ball to an Indian. Loves it. If my ranch visits become less and less, I'll be selling my ranger and buying a bike.

Comment

Working...
                                X