• Show
Clear All

do rodents and coyotes chew sheds up?

Comment

Originally posted by WamBow View Post
      do rodents and coyotes chew sheds up?
      Yes

Comment

Found the first one on our place in Jim Wells county yesterday. According to trail cam pictures most of the bucks are still packing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
          This year has been pretty rough on finding sheds.
          I haven't found very many but this is what I've picked up close to my feeders so far.

I am sure glad I at least found one side to the big 8 I've been watching. I'm praying he blows up this coming season. I have found at least one side of him from the last 3 years now. First noticed him in 2013.

I'm excited to see what he does this year.

And I picked up the smallest shed I have ever found.
          Baby spiker with a split. Lol

He pretty much stayed by the feeder all year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Sounds to me like you need to do some more lookin slacker!

Comment

Lol....

Comment

I looked for several hours today. Walked 6.6 miles and found nothing. Followed several trails and found lots old rub lines and bedding areas. Also jumped up 4 bedded deer and my wife seen them high tail it across the back pasture shortly after to the other side of the property.
              All my bucks have shed that I've seen on camera and I counted a total of 15 bucks on my place this past season. Maybe I'm just blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                I looked for several hours today. Walked 6.6 miles and found nothing. Followed several trails and found lots old rub lines and bedding areas. Also jumped up 4 bedded deer and my wife seen them high tail it across the back pasture shortly after to the other side of the property.
                All my bucks have shed that I've seen on camera and I counted a total of 15 bucks on my place this past season. Maybe I'm just blind.

Critters get mine really quick....

Comment

What most people are not considering is the area you have to cover to find sheds. If you have a buck to 50 acres then you have to cover 25 acres of his core range at this time to find just one of his sheds if he did not loose them together. Then maybe another 25 acres in a different direction. I have found sheds 2 miles apart from the same buck in the same season. Once you find the areas(food, water, trails, fences, bedding areas,etc) that produce year in and year out it will up your numbers found. It used to take me 3.5 hrs of just walking per shed to find one. When I started concentrating on the right areas year in and year out that found number went way up. My best year was just over 200 sheds in one season and second best was 170+. Best day was 39. I have found 5 so far this year on my small place. As far as critters getting them, I have found sheds that were up to 5 yrs old(under tree canopy) and still in good shape. No chewing just faded or dried out a bit. Others will have some chewing, while others would be nubs left.

Comment

I hope find some

Comment

…wow…

Comment

If you’re finding sheds right now, referring to the guy above near Menard, there’s a problem. Unless they’re are old sheds you’re finding.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce16 View Post
                          If you’re finding sheds right now, referring to the guy above near Menard, there’s a problem. Unless they’re are old sheds you’re finding.
                          Or exotics dropping.

Comment

Is this mistarales person just randomly working old threads to be able to use the classifieds or something?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                              Is this mistarales person just randomly working old threads to be able to use the classifieds or something?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
                              Either that or he got a bag laced with some heavy stuff…

Comment

Nothing yet

Comment

Working...
                                X